21 26.92%

14 17.95%

4 5.13%

1 1.28%

1 1.28%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rate a season #1 Barry Hall

ROLLLLLL TIDE!!!!!!!!!!!! Glenn's Avatar
    7/10..Outside of the brainsnap, looked to be moving alot more freely and showed improved marking (when the midfield got the ball down to him relativly quickly), plus his ability to break the attempted tackles and either set up players for shots on goal or kick them himself.
    Premiers 09,18,33,05

"You Irish Twit", Quote attributed to a RWO member who shall remain nameless.

Sir Ashmole Gruntbucket hot potato's Avatar
    Missing all those games through his own short fuse (I dont think he would have been so dumb to crash into the fence if he had his full quota of wits about him) in a team pro sport where u have to be accountable for all your actions was unacceptable.
    He tried very hard to rectify this - well done.
    6/10
    "He was proud of us when we won and he was still proud of us when we lost' Tami Roos about Paul Sept 06.

I went for a 7 even when he wasnt playing that well he continued to present and work hard. After the brain snap and brain snap part 2 he worked his way back into top form, I thought he was outstanding in the last 2 games particulary when you take into account recent onfield and off field dramas.\

Cheers

waz

Blog Entries
    Thought he played at a 8 but missed a third of the season due to a general lack of being able to keep his hands (and apparently his dick) to himself, so marked down to 5.5

I marked him very hard - for an ex leader / co captain.

Fight night is over!

Rod_

In a no dickhead team he shouldn't even get on the field. But he is good when he's not a dickhead. 5

Quote Originally Posted by JC 14 View Post
    agreed he was good when playing... started off like a house on fire.

But let the side down twice with his actions. Unfortunately this overides the good footy he played this year (and last night, clearly our best).

It will be interesting to see if this year is the turning point in his life. Actions and reactions have ripple effects, no matter how personal they may be. I have seen signs at the end of the season he is back to 2005 attitude, and thats good enough for me. However, I gave him a 6, although probably a 4 would be a better mix. I added 2 for his smile. I'm a girl, I am allowed to do this.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

I gave a 6.

Did the good things he can do, but let down, not only by the aggression to opponents, but also towards his own team - demanding, gesticulating, playing for frees from umpires etc - rather than getting on with being the best he can be in his role.

Rating : 4

I love the big fella, though he hurt us big time this year for most of the reasons mentioned earlier.What he did was unacceptable and hurt the club badly in all areas from game day through to the inner sanctum.
    His kicking at goal though went backwards this year and for a power forward who we play through pretty much all the time he simply has to improve his kicking at goals.
    When he did play he looked as good as ever and I hope he can bounce back to the Barry Hall he has been since he has been with us.
    Est 1874
    SMFC

Fandom of Fabulousness Lucky Knickers's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I gave him a 5 for not being on the park often enough. At the time I was really annoyed with him getting rubbed out for so long but hindsight tells me it didn't really hurt us at all. When he was playing he was fantastic so I hope he has another year of two like that in him.

5/10 from me.

He was extremely good at times during the season, but considering he missed nearly half of it, and was at times a major loose cannon cost us dearly. Not to mention his wayward kicks from set shots. The Staker incident was very ugly and he was only centermeters off another one with Wakelin. I was getting sick of seeing him hold out his hands in incredulity every time he had a swing at someone.

His temper is also a problem in the games in which he doesn't create some infamous headline. Too many frees (although he's often targeted unfairly) and 50ms. Wasn't impressed with some of his verbal tirades at teammates either.

However at times particularly when he was in a good mood and playing for the team he was absolutely brilliant. Often didn't get the service he deserved either. It just wasn't a complete performance this year.

3 - because, I KNOW he can do better, and he didn't.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast