Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Leo Re-signs ...

On the Rookie List Darren Thomson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BSA5 View Post
    I would have thought it was far more arrogant to believe you knew more about the game than a 356 gamer and also premiership-winning coach.

I really don't see why saying I think Leo Barry is justifiably on our list is arrogant. Perhaps you should look up the definition.
    Tend to agree with this. Roosy has apretty good idea of what's going on and a little faith from the faithful would be nice

Paul Roos for PM

Quote Originally Posted by Darren Thomson View Post
    Tend to agree with this. Roosy has apretty good idea of what's going on and a little faith from the faithful would be nice
    Supporters are allowed to disagree with the coach. Roos obviously knows far more in total about football than any supporter but that doesn't mean that he is necessarily correct in everything he decides.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohengrin View Post
    Supporters are allowed to disagree with the coach. Roos obviously knows far more in total about football than any supporter but that doesn't mean that he is necessarily correct in everything he decides.
    Of course. That doesn't mean it's arrogant to agree with him though.

A LITTLE faith would be nice. Not complete faith, that's for fundamentalists, but a healthy respect for the man's experience, knowledge, and record.
    Officially on the Reid and Sumner bandwagon!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BSA5 View Post
    Of course. That doesn't mean it's arrogant to agree with him though.

A LITTLE faith would be nice. Not complete faith, that's for fundamentalists, but a healthy respect for the man's experience, knowledge, and record.
    The man is a dick. And has appalling hair.

Quote Originally Posted by ROK Lobster View Post
    The man is a dick. And has appalling hair.
    Argumentative.

Although I wouldn't let him cut my hair either....

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Magoo View Post
    Leos fine provided that hes not given the best or even second best forward each week. Really its time for some others like richards, LRT or grundy to take over the role he has played.
    Ding ding ding: We have a winner!

It's neither a productive nor appropriate end to force him to wrestle gorillas and tear his hair out at soft push-in-the-back decisions for another year. For the love of god, put the man on a HBF/BP opposed to someone no taller than he is, and let him run and create. And maybe even take the odd pack mark! That will be going out on a high.

Let's be fair.

Leo Barry, even in his twilight years would destroy oppositions 4th, 5th and 6th best forwards.

If he has to line up against the oppositions best 3 we're in trouble.

Does anyone remember Banfield against Davis in the 2005 GF?
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    How many teams actually have 4th, 5th and 6th forwards that stay close to goals anymore?
    Aren't the roles on the lesser light forwards normally best suited for the modern day fleet-footed rebounding back? Whilst I do think Leo was fantastic at this 5 years ago, would he really be our best option now?
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    How many teams actually have 4th, 5th and 6th forwards that stay close to goals anymore?
    Aren't the roles on the lesser light forwards normally best suited for the modern day fleet-footed rebounding back? Whilst I do think Leo was fantastic at this 5 years ago, would he really be our best option now?
    You make a good point. I think Mal Michael said it himself and that's what prompted him to retire (for the 2nd time ). But he did say that he struggled to keep up with today's style.

Regular in the Side

ok if

Ok if the saelection committee bite the bullet if leo doesnt measure up, and are prepared to drop him to the 2's just as they did with benny. Leos wife aid at 1996 GF that he had jsut about had it that injuries where starting to take a toll, but he has got 2 more years out of his body, cant be far away now .

Quote Originally Posted by lwjoyner View Post
    Ok if the saelection committee bite the bullet if leo doesnt measure up, and are prepared to drop him to the 2's just as they did with benny. Leos wife aid at 1996 GF that he had jsut about had it that injuries where starting to take a toll, but he has got 2 more years out of his body, cant be far away now .
    Eh? Come again?

Blog Entries
    I thought Leo was generally pretty good this season, and did not understand a lot of the criticism he got here. I am glad he has re-signed. Anyway, surely if the "we don't have anyone better" argument holds up for LRT, it must hold up for Leo?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast