Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Leo Re-signs ...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BSA5 View Post
    Eh? Come again?
    It might be best if we just leave it at that.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by ROK Lobster View Post
    I thought Leo was generally pretty good this season, and did not understand a lot of the criticism he got here. I am glad he has re-signed. Anyway, surely if the "we don't have anyone better" argument holds up for LRT, it must hold up for Leo?
    Hear Hear.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by BSA5 View Post
    Eh? Come again?
    I think LWJ is saying: the decision is OK if the committee are prepared to drop him to the Magoos if he doesn't play well. I also think LWJ is saying Mrs Leo said after the [B]'06[B] GF that Leo had pushed his body to the limit the game was starting to take it's toll.

Veterans List
    2 Years in a row Leo has had bad hamstring injuries. It would be fair to expect being another year older and another year slower, his ability to keep up will sorely test the hammies again.

Just play him at FF.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Bas View Post
    Just play him at FF.
    When he goes on his crazy runs he will run through the goals and give us a point insted of kicking a goal.
    Now this is a thread that i would expect on the ego -centric, wank session that is redandwhiteonline.com...
    MAD
    Pushin Limits

Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    How many teams actually have 4th, 5th and 6th forwards that stay close to goals anymore?
    Aren't the roles on the lesser light forwards normally best suited for the modern day fleet-footed rebounding back? Whilst I do think Leo was fantastic at this 5 years ago, would he really be our best option now?
    By that I meant a forward pocket.
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

I see the risks but I have to say that without Leo at the helm of the back 6 this year, we looked lost back there. We need another year out of Leo even if all he does is teaches C. Bolton, LRT, someone to marshall and control the defense. In addition, this Canadian guy is going to need someone like Leo if we want to put him in the backline at some stage, even if it's as a ruckman falling back.
    10100111001 ;-)

What a year 2005 SSFC/CFC
    That is very bad news. For those who think he had an OK year he gave away around the most frees in the league I understand, and what about all the goals he gave away from direct mistakes in possession.

There is no point having an 'experienced' defender around with a year like he has had, you may as well have a youngster in playing dopey football.
    Sports do not build character. They reveal it....Heywood Broun

I always turn to the sports pages first, which record people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures......Earl Warren

Quote Originally Posted by Rob-bloods View Post
    That is very bad news. For those who think he had an OK year he gave away around the most frees in the league I understand,
    About 9th.
    Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

Opportunistic Join Date Bob Neil's Avatar
    He can play until he's 75 if he wants.
    Thanks for single-handledly winning Swans the 2005 premiership, Leo.

Pretty good news I think. He's definately slowed down and would get pasted on the oppositions top forward much of the time, but I didn't think he was outside the top 22. A guy that did so much for us in the past should be able to choose his time of retirement as long as he's contributing, and I think on the whole Leaping still is.

I agree with others though when they say if he's really slumping in form he should be sent to the reserves.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast