Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SANFL semi-finals on TV in Sydney pub this Sunday

SANFL semi-finals on TV in Sydney pub this Sunday

-
    The two semi-finals will be on satellite TV in Sydney this Sunday (ABC SA coverage).

Where:
    Rooftop bar of the Royal Exhibition Hotel
    cnr Devonshire St and Chalmers St (20 second walk from Central Station)
    Google Maps

When:
    From 2pm to 6:30pm (Sydney time)

Sturt v Norwood from 2pm to 4:15pm
    Glenelg v Central from 4:15pm to 6:30pm

That's very civilised, too bad I can't make it. Two ex-Swans ruckmen going head to head in the St-Nwd game, Feast and Doyle.
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

Also a few other ex-swannies playing.

Swanning about on The Parade | AdelaideNow

Are you sure? OMG!! I can watch my beloved Glenelg playing for a spot in their first Grand Final in 17 years.

GO YOU MIGHTY BAYS!!!!
    Occupational hazards:
    I don't eat animals since discovering this ability. I used to. But one day the lamb I was eating came through to me and ever since then I haven't been able to eat meat.
    - animal psychic Amanda de Warren

Quote Originally Posted by cruiser View Post
    Are you sure? OMG!! I can watch my beloved Glenelg playing for a spot in their first Grand Final in 17 years.

GO YOU MIGHTY BAYS!!!!
    Yep. I'm 99% sure it'll be on.

Senior Player

GO YOU MIGHTY BAYS!!!!
    I reckon your choke in the 2nd Semi was far bigger than ours in the Qualifying

There's a thread for this on BigFooty, checking it'll be on this Sunday. If so I'm going to be there with bells on.

GO DOUBLEBLUES!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by floppinab View Post
    I reckon your choke in the 2nd Semi was far bigger than ours in the Qualifying

There's a thread for this on BigFooty, checking it'll be on this Sunday. If so I'm going to be there with bells on.

GO DOUBLEBLUES!!!!
    I'm glad I didnt go down to Sydney to watch it on TV. I doubt I'll be able to go down this weekend. I also couldnt bare to see them lose in straight sets after promising so much all season. I've suffered enough dissappointment following Glenelg.
    Last edited by cruiser; 25th September 2008 at 11:31 PM.
    Occupational hazards:
    I don't eat animals since discovering this ability. I used to. But one day the lamb I was eating came through to me and ever since then I haven't been able to eat meat.

I notice Doyle got injured against Sturt.
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

I had no idea that Scott McGlone was now playing for Sturt: Scotty man on move | AdelaideNow
    Occupational hazards:

Senior Player
    I doubt I'll be able to go down this weekend.
    Not on anyway

SANFL semis on TV in Sydney pub this Sunday - BigFooty

Will have to tune up a radio stream. Good luck though. I don't mind the Bays. The last game of SANFL I saw prior to moving to Syd. was the '90 GF, one of the biggest crowds for GF for a while. Whoever gets up on Sunday has got to take it off Centrals. Can't believe they're there again after the H&A seasons Sturt and Glenelg have had.

I'm glad I didnt go down to Sydney to watch it on TV. I doubt I'll be able to go down this weekend. I also couldnt bare to see them lose in straight sets after promising so much all season. I've suffered enough dissappointment following Glenelg.
    You've suffered enough disappointment following Glenelg?

A few mates (Redlegs supporters) and I were at the Glenelg Oval sometime around 1974. We were on the eastern side of the ground, watching a Glenelg - Norwood Game. As was the practice in those days, some would run onto the ground at the break to listen what the coach (Robert Oatey) had to say. It was also the practice to bring a good supply of Southwark, or "Nathan" as it was known. Glenelg die-hards, mostly elderly women in the club's colours, would sit in the front row next to the fence, making it difficult to get on to the oval. In my semi-drunken state I had to squeeze past these supporters and as I was perched on the fence with one foot and hand on the railing, an old Glenelg girl put both hands on my back, gave a ungodly screech and pushed.

I fell to the ground with my arm still outstretched in an attempt to break the fall, but as I hit the ground I broke both bones in my left arm, a compound fracture to the middle of the forearm. The crowd immediately erupted, "Get off the ground - Ya Mug...", "You b----- idiot!" and so forth. With the effect of the beer and the broken arm, I started to reel as I stood up. My mate climbed over to my assistance and got distracted by the jeers of the crowd as he was holding me up - and started yelling, "Can't you see he's broken his arm you bastards..." or something to that effect. The next thing you know, it was like a scene from Monty Python - a wall of angry screaming people erupted and then a shower of bottles and beer cans rained upon us.

We managed to escape past Bob Oatey, most probably telling the lads to do more running drop kicks. I learned later that my Auntie, a Glenelg supporter was at the game and recognised me as I was accompanied by the trainers across the ground. She exclaimed, ?That's young Waterfowl, what's happened to him?"

The arm took a long time to mend and as Adelaide drifted through the psychedelic era, a day at the footy became a scary outing with old blokes screaming so loudly that their faces became bright red and their neck veins stood out as if they were about to explode all over you.

Although I straightened up and got my act a little more together, I stopped following the game for thirty years until Roosy, the Swans culture and the kind of football they play rekindled the passion.

Anyway it's the closest I got to playing football.

At 3/4 time in the SANFL PF it looks like my Bays are through to the GF, leading the Double Spews 90 to 41.
    Occupational hazards:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast