Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Barry Hall to Bulldogs rumour

What about Hall for first round plus Farren Ray!
    Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

Quote Originally Posted by NMWBloods View Post
    Not bad NMW,i like it.
    Now this is a thread that i would expect on the ego -centric, wank session that is redandwhiteonline.com...
    MAD
    Pushin Limits

Blog Entries
    Can't we do something to get Aker?

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by ROK Lobster View Post
    Can't we do something to get Aker?
    Don't have to offer a trade for him if we offer him a job as a coach.

According to the Sun Herald today (property section) Hall has put his Malabar house up for sale.
    "As everyone knows our style of football is defensive and unattractive, and as such I have completely forgotten how to mark or kick over the years" - Brett Kirk

Senior Player
    Blog Entries
    I could live with that. I would actually be inclined to use both our first-round draft picks rather than trade them away for players if that happened. A lot of the top-10 picks of the last couple of years have been pretty much ready to step up to senior footy straight away, as the clubs have gotten better at identifying the best talent at the top end of the draft. I understand why Roosy's been skeptical of the draft in the past, but it's becoming less of a lottery than it used to be, especially in the first round.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha......................

There is absolutely no way the Dogs or are any other side are going to offer a first round pick for Hall, let alone throw in another player who was a first round pick as part of the deal.

We have only two players that would fetch a top 10 pick and that is Goodes and maybe O'Keefe.

DST
    "Looking forward to a rebuilt, new, fast and exciting Swans model in 2010"

Senior Player
    Blog Entries
    You're right DST, and of course, this is all pure speculation. I doubt the Dogs will give up their first round pick, but in this case they are the ones who need a key forward so if they had their eye on Hall they would have to persuade us to let him go. Spida still cost us a second-rounder and Hall has more left in him than Spida did 2 years ago (arguably) so you never know.

Quote Originally Posted by DST View Post
    Ha ha ha ha ha ha......................

There is absolutely no way the Dogs or are any other side are going to offer a first round pick for Hall, let alone throw in another player who was a first round pick as part of the deal.

We have only two players that would fetch a top 10 pick and that is Goodes and maybe O'Keefe.

DST
    Nice response... First round from the 'Dogs wouldn't be top 10 - it would be about #15. 'Dogs need a key forward and Hall would make them a genuine premiership contender in '09 and '10. That would be worth a decent trade.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

Senior Player
    Blog Entries
    Nice response... First round from the 'Dogs wouldn't be top 10 - it would be about #15.
    I forgot about that when I read DST's post, I reckon pick #15 would be closer to the mark but I don't know if Hall would command a player on top of the first-round pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Xie Shan View Post
    I forgot about that when I read DST's post, I reckon pick #15 would be closer to the mark but I don't know if Hall would command a player on top of the first-round pick.
    Possibly not, but maybe so depending on the 'Dogs other options. They need a key forward and there aren't too many on the market.

Andrejs Everitt and a 3rd rounder?
    Officially on the Reid and Sumner bandwagon!

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast