Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Barry Hall to Bulldogs rumour

I would trade Hall for a 2nd rounder in a heartbeat.

Normally you don't get anything when you cut out a cancer, so 2nd or 3rd round would be great, espec with his age and baggage.
    "As a player he simply should not have been able to do the things he did. Leo was a 185cm, 88kg full-back and played on some of the biggest, fastest and best full-forwards of all time, and constantly beat them." Roos.
    Leo Barry? you star! We'll miss ya, ''Leapin''.

Quote Originally Posted by NMWBloods View Post
    We get a midfielder.
    Who ?

Quote Originally Posted by #73 View Post
    Dumbest. Rumor. Ever.

BH is going nowhere. He's our premiership captain and will remain a Swan till he's 6 feet under.

And to those naysayers who are stating that our 'premiership window' is shut:

Must suck to be you.

I'd rather be honest and face the facts over being naive.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by #73 View Post
    Dumbest. Rumor. Ever.

BH is going nowhere. He's our premiership captain and will remain a Swan till he's 6 feet under.

And to those naysayers who are stating that our 'premiership window' is shut:

Must suck to be you.
    Totally argee. Nice to see some one with a bit of optimism. Here's some more for you. All our players come up fresh as a daisy, injury free after pre season and stay that way for the season. We also trade well and pick up a quality player. Our young players come on in leaps and bounds and come finals time we are jumping out of our skins.

Will the premiership window be closed then? Strewth we finished 5th with a patched up side in 2008.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Who ?
    Either someone they're willing to trade or a decent draft pick to get one from the draft.
    Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

On the Rookie List
    Interesting, another article indicating interest from the Bulldogs:

Hall is the Bulldogs' go-to man - realfooty.com.au

OK I like the idea of Farren Ray plus first pick OK perhaps too greedy, say 2nd Round pick?

Quote Originally Posted by originalswan View Post
    Interesting, another article indicating interest from the Bulldogs:

Hall is the Bulldogs' go-to man - realfooty.com.au

OK I like the idea of Farren Ray plus first pick OK perhaps too greedy, say 2nd Round pick?
    It should be a first round pick and a good player. The fact is Hall is still a needed player at Sydney and key forwards don't grow on trees.
    "As everyone knows our style of football is defensive and unattractive, and as such I have completely forgotten how to mark or kick over the years" - Brett Kirk

Quote Originally Posted by hammo View Post
    It should be a first round pick and a good player. The fact is Hall is still a needed player at Sydney and key forwards don't grow on trees.
    Yep, he showed in the last part of the season that he was getting back to the player we know he can be. It would have to be a very big incentive for the Swans to consider trading him.

BTW, just because the Bulldogs are interested in him doesn't mean the Swans are considering a trade for him.
    Does God believe in Atheists?

I hope we trade him. With MOL playing again next season we can do without him. While he played some good footy in his last few games it was too little too late. I could say more about what I think of him now but none of it will be nice. I'd be happy to see him traded and I'll look forward to booing him when he plays against us next season.
    Occupational hazards:
    I don't eat animals since discovering this ability. I used to. But one day the lamb I was eating came through to me and ever since then I haven't been able to eat meat.
    - animal psychic Amanda de Warren

It's in every Melbourne Paper Today. Caro claims Eade has spoken to Hall, which makes me think it is a load of @@@@.
    He had observed that people who did lie were, on the whole, more resourceful and ambitious and successful than people who did not lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Legs Akimbo View Post
    It's in every Melbourne Paper Today. Caro claims Eade has spoken to Hall, which makes me think it is a load of @@@@.
    The dead giveaway was in the Tele article.

Western Bulldogs and Fremantle are chasing the former Swans co-captain and have offered him multi-year deals, according to several sources close to Hall.

"He wants to stay a Swan but wants them to extend it for another year (until the end of 2010),'' one of the sources said. "He doesn't want to leave and is trying to work it out hoping the Swans will change their thinking.
    Hall considers Bulldogs deal | The Daily Telegraph

Hall's manager is trying to force the Swans into offering a 2 year deal. The Bulldogs may been keen, but it's up to the Swans to blink. The same tactic is tried by Jonathan Brown every new contract (and attempted less successfully so by Lance Thompson).
    "As everyone knows our style of football is defensive and unattractive, and as such I have completely forgotten how to mark or kick over the years" - Brett Kirk

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast