Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Swans offer Kerr 5 years

Recruiting Kerr would be very dumb. Let's hope it doesn't happen.

It wouldn't be dumb recruiting Kerr, what would be dumb is the 2 top 10 draft picks wanted for him. Too much of a sacrifice.

Blog Entries
    Get him. Then when he has a bad game I will be able to use the line "Paul's Kerr".

Quote Originally Posted by ROK Lobster View Post
    Get him. Then when he has a bad game I will be able to use the line "Paul's Kerr".
    Kerr and Canberra...I'm sure there is a link there somewhere.
    "The Dog days are over, The Dog days are gone" Florence and the Machine

the biggest thing that concerns me about that article is not the Kerr talk...more so the fact that Roos isn't sure about O'Keefe staying
    "We talked five times. I called him twice, and he called me twice."

Eddie McGuire

Kerr is an absolute gun, but i can't see how we could get him without robbing Peter to pay Paul (Roos).
    "As a player he simply should not have been able to do the things he did. Leo was a 185cm, 88kg full-back and played on some of the biggest, fastest and best full-forwards of all time, and constantly beat them." Roos.
    Leo Barry? you star! We'll miss ya, ''Leapin''.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogzbody View Post
    the biggest thing that concerns me about that article is not the Kerr talk...more so the fact that Roos isn't sure about O'Keefe staying
    Roos not knowing/seeing/hearing/caring is Roos speak for I don't want to talk about it.

Who do we lose? Pick 11 and O"Keefe.

Normally that would be OK lose quality to get quality BUT it's Kerr we're talking about. He would make an enormous on field difference but off field baggage is not good.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohengrin View Post
    What do recreational drugs have to do with sports integrity any more so than domestic violence?
    There was no need to go on with this conversation.

You've already won this battle, presenting a definitive and conclusive example of an absolute contradiction.

Well done
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Quote Originally Posted by reigning premier View Post
    That's hypocrisy of the highest order. I usually let it go when you crap on about Bevan but in this case, pull your head in.

You can't advocate one of these guys being OK and entitled to an opportunity with the Swans, and then say the other is not. There is no difference between the two as far as I can see. The only difference is that Kerr is a better, proven player.

FWIW, I say go get Kerr!
    i'm really honoured that you have stirred to comment on my modest contribution. i can (can't -is this a rule???) make a distinction between off field violence and drug use and their relative affects on sport. The difference is not that Kerr is a better player but that drugs and sport, whether so-called recreational or performance enhancing destroy the integrity of the game. That's why there is an organization called WADA. It is such a boring old piece of rag to accuse someone of hypocracy in argument. The old ad hominem argument, doesn't prove anything. To accuse someone of hypocracy in an argument is really pretty hopeless. I think you mean inconsistent?
    Bevo bandwagon driver

Quote Originally Posted by connolly View Post
    i'm really honoured that you have stirred to comment on my modest contribution. i can (can't -is this a rule???) make a distinction between off field violence and drug use and their relative affects on sport. The difference is not that Kerr is a better player but that drugs and sport, whether so-called recreational or performance enhancing destroy the integrity of the game. That's why there is an organization called WADA. It is such a boring old piece of rag to accuse someone of hypocracy in argument. The old ad hominem argument, doesn't prove anything. To accuse someone of hypocracy in an argument is really pretty hopeless. I think you mean inconsistent?
    Why? You've given no reason for that opinion.
    Officially on the Reid and Sumner bandwagon!

If we're going for Kerr, we might as well make a place for Cousens. Don't want either of them to get lonely. After all I'm sure they have contacts in Sydney.

We don't have to give anybody up for Benny boy.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast