Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Swans offer Kerr 5 years

Quote Originally Posted by Mattyt View Post
    Honestly, I understand you may have read up about on a thing such as ketamine, but let me tell you, there is NO way that Kerr ever gained an advantage from using Ketamine, NO WAY at all. People who have had a small dose of Ketamine have difficulty even standing up, so tell me how it would aid in football or training? In large doses of Ketamine the user will have difficulty communicating, and let me just say, as a date rape drug, Ketamine would probably be the most inefficient one to use. Doses required to actually put someone to sleep EXCEED 1 gram if ingested orally, so if a girl doesn't notice the sickly salty burn down her throat long enough for her to ingest 1 GRAM of the stuff, then well, I really think she may beyond help in the first place. It's not a date rape drug, that's just bull@@@@ media talk.
    Really so the decent nurse that i interviewed and is still traumatised by having Ketamine slipped into her drink either deserved what she endured or had just read the Daily Telegraph? And where do you get the idea victims are unconscious? And how do you explain the widespread documented use of Ketamine amongst bodybuilders and weightlifters in the US? The only bull@@@@ about this whole issue is ravers who stagger into discussions about drugs and sport and rave on
    Bevo bandwagon driver

Hahaha ok, I'm a raver who staggered into the discussion, that's a mature position to take. I've actually been reading it for quite some time but haven't bothered to comment until now. I've heard of bodybuilders using GHB to aid in higher production of GABA during sleep, but not ketamine, and I'm still struggling to understand exactly why bodybuilders would use ketamine, as it can actually cause degeneration of the muscles. And I'll take your word regarding the "decent nurse", but I'll stick to my own beliefs regarding the issue.

All you do is rattle on about how Kerr will come and poison the club with his off field behaviour, well let me tell you that in June last year Adam Schneider and Adam Goodes were in a club that I often work at at 4 30 am on a Monday morning the same weekend as the loss to Collingwood. I'm not accusing them of taking anything, but the way I look at it is they may be athletes, but who cares what they get up to in the spare time? As long as they go out there and win a game of football that is the important thing, and that is something that Kerr would definitely go a long way towards helping the swans achieve.
    Last edited by Mattyt; 26th September 2008 at 03:07 AM.

Hahaha ok, I'm a raver who staggered into the discussion, that's a mature position to take. I've actually been reading it for quite some time but haven't bothered to comment until now. I've heard of bodybuilders using GHB to aid in higher production of GABA during sleep, but not ketamine, and I'm still struggling to understand exactly why bodybuilders would use ketamine, as it can actually cause degeneration of the muscles. And I'll take your word regarding the "decent nurse", but I'll stick to my own beliefs regarding the issue.

All you do is rattle on about how Kirk will come and poison the club with his off field behaviour, well let me tell you that in June last year Adam Schneider and Adam Goodes were in a club that I often work at at 4 30 am on a Monday morning the same weekend as the loss to Collingwood. I'm not accusing them of taking anything, but the way I look at it is they may be athletes, but who cares what they get up to in the spare time? As long as they go out there and win a game of football that is the important thing, and that is something that Kerr would definitely go a long way towards helping the swans achieve.
    Everyone that doesn't want Kerr as a swan because of moral reasons need their heads read!! Plugger would head hunt swans supporters (at the time there wasn't many of us) when running into an open goal. He fractured or should i say took a chin off his face of one of the swans battlers in Cavan. This is on the field antics?!?!? Hall had many problems of his own. And i suppose everyone here has never done anything wrong, they should be sent straight to heaven. Dont throw stones at glass houses. Kerr is an unbelievable player, one in which will help the swans massively. Swans should throw everything for Kerr. Who else can save the midfield? no disrespect, jack and bird are about 12% of what Kerr is!! J bolton would learn a thing or two being in the same side as kerr. The no dickhead policy will kick in, like many others that have come to the swans and there will be no issues with kerr.

Senior Player
    I still have trouble trying to reconcile Connolly's stand that someone who bashes and stalks his ex girlfriend is OK, while somebody else who uses recreational drugs isn't

And the undertones in Connolly's threads regarding date rape are mischevious at best as there has never been any allegations regarding this. In fact the tapes from 4 corners recorded Kerr saying something along the lines of "I couldn't even remember my own name" which would insinuate that the drugs were used by Kerr for recreational purposes

Quote Originally Posted by connolly View Post
    We have. What a professional athlete puts into their body is always going to affect performance in some way.
    As will any emotional issues brought about by violence in a relationship. Footy is 90% psychological, after all.
    Officially on the Reid and Sumner bandwagon!

I have to agree there. If a person has such a lack of control and character that they would physically attack a woman in a domestic relationship, there is an inherent flaw in them that could be exploited on the football field.

Suspended by the MRP reigning premier's Avatar
    Is that the truth?? Or did you read it in the Telegraph?
    Quote Originally Posted by Will Sangster View Post
    I still have trouble trying to reconcile Connolly's stand that someone who bashes and stalks his ex girlfriend is OK, while somebody else who uses recreational drugs isn't

And the undertones in Connolly's threads regarding date rape are mischevious at best as there has never been any allegations regarding this. In fact the tapes from 4 corners recorded Kerr saying something along the lines of "I couldn't even remember my own name" which would insinuate that the drugs were used by Kerr for recreational purposes
    Don't have a battle of wits with an unarmed man..... It's pointless for all.

Trying to extract some sort of logic out of the argument proferred will only confound the rational even further. Let it go.

Salvation Swans.

Kerr as a footballer is outstanding. Look at 2005. He came back more times in than GF than what's his name in Friday the 13th movies.

We would stay in the top 8. I'd threaten him with a boxing session with BBBH to keep him in line.

Trade O'Keefe for Kerr he would have a significant impact on our team.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Quote Originally Posted by reigning premier View Post
    Don't have a battle of wits with an unarmed man..... It's pointless for all.

Trying to extract some sort of logic out of the argument proferred will only confound the rational even further. Let it go.
    I'll take that as a concession. After confusing hypocracy with inconsistency we now have arguement by analogy. Rationality begins with a basic grasp of concepts. Not a grasp of yourself.
    Bevo bandwagon driver

Quote Originally Posted by Will Sangster View Post

There are a few flaws in your argument to be kind.
    1. The issue isn't about whats OK (whatever that means - i assume that is a moral position) but what affects the integrity of sport. Use of drugs by sports people destroys the integrity of fair and equal competition.
    2. The dichotomy between performance enhancing and so-called recreational drugs (they are illegal) is false. Many "recreational drugs"enhance performance.
    3. Ketamine in low dosages gives an energy rush which is certainly performance enhancing.
    4. You have a naive belief that one conversation on a police tape should be believed as the truth of the matter in regard to Kerr's involvement with drugs. Here's a flash drug abusers often lie, even on the telephone.
    5. Ketamine is a particularly nasty drug used for criminal purposes. Anyone in possession of it should come under scrutiny in regard to its potential. Here's another flash - Ketamine can be used for multiple purposes by the individual user. Anyone who has been in possession of Ketamine FOR WHATEVER REASON is unfit to play with the Bloods unless they can demonstrate REMORSE AND REHABILITATION. Where is the evidence that Kerr has expressed and demonstrated either?
    6. The bare minimum on this site is that you at least read the posts. Not only have i not said that is OK to bash women. I said the exact opposite. It is despicable and cowardly. You owe me an apology.
    Bevo bandwagon driver

All you do is rattle on about how Kerr will come and poison the club with his off field behaviour, well let me tell you that in June last year Adam Schneider and Adam Goodes were in a club that I often work at at 4 30 am on a Monday morning the same weekend as the loss to Collingwood. I'm not accusing them of taking anything, but the way I look at it is they may be athletes, but who cares what they get up to in the spare time? As long as they go out there and win a game of football that is the important thing, and that is something that Kerr would definitely go a long way towards helping the swans achieve.
    Son don't take anything but have a good lie down. Things should be clearer in the morning. Your amoral position basically means that footballers can associate with crims, lie about their associations, commit crimes and we just cheer them on. Apart from anything else it would leave the club bereft of community support, sponsors and a future. But a following of gel and air headed wankers who basically dont give a stuff about the well being of the players, kids or society would probably turn up.
    Bevo bandwagon driver

Quote Originally Posted by connolly View Post
    There are a few flaws in your argument to be kind.
    1. The issue isn't about whats OK (whatever that means - i assume that is a moral position) but what affects the integrity of sport. Use of drugs by sports people destroys the integrity of fair and equal competition.
    2. The dichotomy between performance enhancing and so-called recreational drugs (they are illegal) is false. Many "recreational drugs"enhance performance.
    3. Ketamine in low dosages gives an energy rush which is certainly performance enhancing.
    4. You have a naive belief that one conversation on a police tape should be believed as the truth of the matter in regard to Kerr's involvement with drugs. Here's a flash drug abusers often lie, even on the telephone.
    5. Ketamine is a particularly nasty drug used for criminal purposes. Anyone in possession of it should come under scrutiny in regard to its potential. Here's another flash - Ketamine can be used for multiple purposes by the individual user. Anyone who has been in possession of Ketamine FOR WHATEVER REASON is unfit to play with the Bloods unless they can demonstrate REMORSE AND REHABILITATION. Where is the evidence that Kerr has expressed and demonstrated either?
    6. The bare minimum on this site is that you at least read the posts. Not only have i not said that is OK to bash women. I said the exact opposite. It is despicable and cowardly. You owe me an apology.
    1. You 2. The part that allows one to change gears in a manual car. 3. Straws

Give it up
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast