Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Swans offer Kerr 5 years

Opportunistic Join Date Bob Neil's Avatar
    Please all take a rohypnol and lye down.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Knickers View Post
    When you have your eye on the donk?

Quote Originally Posted by Lohengrin View Post
    It's a tranquiliser - it reduces performance.

Amazing that you can argue at the same time that it is a date-rape drug and a performance-enhancing drug!!
    I've stayed out of this argument as I have absolutely no idea about Ketamine or drugs in general, however I do know from first hand experience that the above argument has been proven wrong.

Etorphine (Elephant Juice) was a tranquiliser so powerful it could knock out an elephant in no time.

In the 80's they soon discovered that by injecting miniscule quantities into a horse it would be ready to run through brick walls and when it fell on it's arse trying, it would get up and try to run through it again. It never made horses run faster, but they could run at their top speed for much longer.

And the miniscule quantities I am talking about.....remove a quantity of Etorphine into a syringe, then push it back in the bottle again. With the few drops that were left inside the needle, mix with coforta or similar injectable substance and inject direct into the neck muscle. If you tried injecting directly in the vein, the horse would be knocked out cold.

Maybe connolly has read of evidence that Ketamine in small quantities has a similar effect on humans.
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Quote Originally Posted by Guzzitza View Post
    Sigh..

Ketamine does not give you an energy rush. It is an anaesthetic. It disconnects mind from body making the user unable to function physically. I have checked the scientific literature, I studied the the effects of drugs extensively as part of my psychology degree - so yes, I do know.

You dont have to have used drugs to comment about them, but perhaps you should listen to those who have experienced it first hand, rather than writing off their opinion.
    Big. I represent horse trainers before stewards inquiries and yes i really do know psychology boy.
    Bevo bandwagon driver

Quote Originally Posted by Lohengrin View Post
    It's a tranquiliser - it reduces performance.

Amazing that you can argue at the same time that it is a date-rape drug and a performance-enhancing drug!!
    It can be used to induce anesthesia, sedation, analgesia, and amnesia. Ketamine can maintain functional residual capacity, induce bronchodilation, and avoid cardiovascular depression. However, adverse effects have been demonstrated, such as cardiovascular stimulation and unpleasant emergence phenomena

Haas DA and Harper DG "Ketamine: a review of its pharmacologic properties and use in ambulatory anesthesia Anathesia Progress, 1992, 39:3, pp. 61 - 68
    There is an extensive veterinary literature. Because you have been quite arrogant about this, you can look it up yourself.
    Bevo bandwagon driver

Quote Originally Posted by CJK View Post
    Why would you use Ketamine for date rape when easier options are available over the counter?
    I don't pretend to understand the "thinking"of rapists. But congratulations you have asked the most inane and disgraceful question for the year on this site. And that is really something.
    Bevo bandwagon driver

Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    I've stayed out of this argument as I have absolutely no idea about Ketamine or drugs in general, however I do know from first hand experience that the above argument has been proven wrong.

Etorphine (Elephant Juice) was a tranquiliser so powerful it could knock out an elephant in no time.

In the 80's they soon discovered that by injecting miniscule quantities into a horse it would be ready to run through brick walls and when it fell on it's arse trying, it would get up and try to run through it again. It never made horses run faster, but they could run at their top speed for much longer.

And the miniscule quantities I am talking about.....remove a quantity of Etorphine into a syringe, then push it back in the bottle again. With the few drops that were left inside the needle, mix with coforta or similar injectable substance and inject direct into the neck muscle. If you tried injecting directly in the vein, the horse would be knocked out cold.

Maybe connolly has read of evidence that Ketamine in small quantities has a similar effect on humans.
    You are right Triplicate. Its all in the dosage.
    Bevo bandwagon driver

Quote Originally Posted by connolly View Post
    It can be used to induce anesthesia, sedation, analgesia, and amnesia. Ketamine can maintain functional residual capacity, induce bronchodilation, and avoid cardiovascular depression. However, adverse effects have been demonstrated, such as cardiovascular stimulation and unpleasant emergence phenomena

Haas DA and Harper DG "Ketamine: a review of its pharmacologic properties and use in ambulatory anesthesia Anathesia Progress, 1992, 39:3, pp. 61 - 68
    There is an extensive veterinary literature. Because you have been quite arrogant about this, you can look it up yourself.
    Leave me out of this!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567