Page 4 of 74 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Thread: ROK - Re signs with swans for 4 years. (Confirmed)

Would O'Keefe ever take the club's word into signing him for 1 year , so that the swans could trade him for his market value?

Quote Originally Posted by Plugger46 View Post
    I would be too if he was contracted. Unfortunately, we'll probably get well under what he's worth.
    Depends on where he wants to go and how keen they are.
    Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by eggbeater View Post
    Would O'Keefe ever take the club's word into signing him for 1 year , so that the swans could trade him for his market value?
    He'd be a loyal idiot if he did.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Drummoyne..INNER WEST BABY!! (Bay 29 SCG)
    Gutted but not unexpected considering he hired a management team last minute.

We better @@@@ing get well compensated and ROK will help us get what we deserve.
    Official Driver Of The "Who Gives A @@@@ As The Player Will Get Delisted Anyway" Bandwagon.

This is a bit of a shock and is going to leave a massive hole in our side. The rebuild is well and truly underway whether the club likes it or not. In the next 2 seasons virtually our entire premiership forward line will be gone.

Huge pressure on the club now to get something decent in return. I'd favour a first round pick but big call for the club now.

How genuine is the go home factor though? I thought his wife was from Sydney? Also, he's not been shy in talking up the lifestyle (beaches etc) in Sydney. Sounds like there's more to it to me.
    "As everyone knows our style of football is defensive and unattractive, and as such I have completely forgotten how to mark or kick over the years" - Brett Kirk

Send him to the 'Dogs for a midfielder. Perfect for everyone.
    (Given our lack of bargaining power it might be the case we look at Farren Ray).
    Last edited by NMWBloods; 29th September 2008 at 07:57 PM.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

Terrible news. We had better hope that 2 or 3 clubs get into a bidding war, otherwise with ROK out of contract the Swans will be well and truly shafted.
    Pay peanuts get monkeys

Regular in the Side
    Not to make this into another Davis thread but I wonder how much influence ROK's decision will have on Davis's career - It will be pretty big to lose 2 forwards in the same year ... especially if we don't end up picking up another ready-made forward!!

This is pretty devastating

a) That ROK is leaving
    b) Hes out of contract so we won't get an equal return

This means that we will have room in the cap for a high end trade but will have to part with another high end player on top I would say....(thats if it is to happen in trade week). I don't have a good feeling about the morale in the camp seems there may be some fragmentation going on in terms of group management.
    "We talked five times. I called him twice, and he called me twice."

Eddie McGuire

Quote Originally Posted by alison.z View Post
    Not to make this into another Davis thread but I wonder how much influence ROK's decision will have on Davis's career - It will be pretty big to lose 2 forwards in the same year ... especially if we don't end up picking up another ready-made forward!!
    It's probably the only thing that will save it.

Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    My only worry is, it has been reported he has now appointed a management group, previously he has managed himself.

If things were all cosy on the Swans front, you'd imagine he would have just signed when he was managing himself and got on with it.

It's a serious concern.
    Posted that on GF morning in another thread.

I just KNEW when those @@@@ing parasites who masquerade as managers got involved there was something brewing.
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Up the mighty swannies!!!
    Gutted..... but let's just hope he and other teams play fair and give us an equal....though somehow I doubt it....

Our forward line is going to be stuffed soon.........

Big bad barry will retire in a year as will MOL.
    ROK is gone........

who the hell are we going to structure around? Goodesy?

Page 4 of 74 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast