Page 74 of 74 FirstFirst ... 24647071727374

Thread: ROK - Re signs with swans for 4 years. (Confirmed)

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    No @@@@ sherlock!!

I predict the poos and wees tumble faster than the criminal budgies (or they would in my "perfect" world).
    Get it right Annie and Liz. It is not poos and wees it is the team that plays in a jumper with the 2 shades of diahorrea (I can't find it in the dictonay). Why they haven't changed it over the years I don't know. People wearing them in the streets since the GF, and there are plenty of them, look ridiculous.

They are though paid up and passionate (have we heard that crap often enough), but for a "family Club" as they call themselves (as if the other 15 aren't) they are downright appalling colours. Fancy living next to a house decked out in those colours. Earthly is the kindest description.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Get it right Annie and Liz. It is not poos and wees it is the team that plays in a jumper with the 2 shades of diahorrea (I can't find it in the dictonay). Why they haven't changed it over the years I don't know. People wearing them in the streets since the GF, and there are plenty of them, look ridiculous.

They are though paid up and passionate (have we heard that crap often enough), but for a "family Club" as they call themselves (as if the other 15 aren't) they are downright appalling colours. Fancy living next to a house decked out in those colours. Earthly is the kindest description.
    They should have retained the Maybloom tag. Maybloom is another name for hawthorn plant which is defined in the horticultural dictionary as :

A common name for the genus Crataegus, thorny shrubs or small trees, much used in hedges. They have stiff branches bearing strong thorns, small, deeply lobed or cut leaves, masses of white or pink flowers in spring, and red berries in winter. The fruit is the haw, which attracts birds. Also known as hawthorn, Maythorn, and maybush.
    Yep appropriate a bunch of pricks.
    Bevo bandwagon driver

Quote Originally Posted by connolly View Post
    They bear a striking resemblence to the Kennett government.
    Yep, they get results, like winning the premiership!
    Does God believe in Atheists?

In The Apple Isle Cheer Squad mbr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post

And to think they were also my school's colours!
    "Two cities, One team, Together, Living the Dream."

They should have retained the Maybloom tag.
    Except that the change was Roy Cazaly's idea. And we all love Cazaly, right?

In related news, a quick look at google for Hawthorn brings up something interesting...

Queer Eye for the Hawks Guy *sfw*
    10100111001 ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by goswannie14 View Post
    Yep, they get results, like winning the premiership!
    We got results, too. What's the point of your post?

Buddy
    They bear a striking resemblence to the Kennett government. Hubris, arrogance and heading for a cropper.
    There will be another 2, 3 or maybe 5 flags before they fall. They only had 3 players over 26 in the Grand Final.

That coupled with the Gold Coast and West Sydney taking the gun players in the next few drafts mean it will be the 80's all over again.

Hawthorn achieved their goal in the trading period. The team assembling the best young list that will be competitive in the next few years is Carlton. They didnt want ROK to go to Carlton.
    Last edited by humphrey bear; 24th October 2008 at 08:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyAkkuret View Post
    We got results, too. What's the point of your post?
    Probably a Liberal offended by the comparison of the Kennett government to the Hawthorn Football Club. Much as I wish it wasn't so, we do have them among our ranks.

Quote Originally Posted by humphrey bear View Post
    There will be another 2, 3 or maybe 5 flags before they fall. They only had 3 players over 26 in the Grand Final.

That coupled with the Gold Coast and West Sydney taking the gun players in the next few drafts mean it will be the 80's all over again.

Hawthorn achieved their goal in the trading period. The team assembling the best young list that will be competitive in the next few years is Carlton. They didnt want ROK to go to Carlton.
    That's what everyone was saying about Geelong 5 minutes ago. Things can change in a hurry.

Quote Originally Posted by humphrey bear View Post
    It's very hard to win one flag, and after finishing 4 wins and 30% clear of their nearest rival after 22 rounds, it's fair to say Geelong fell over and let a golden chance slip by.

Just having a young list wont win the Hawks 2-3 more flags and any talk of 5 is just ridiculous. I wouldn't be suprised if they only win one more with that list.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloods05 View Post
    That's what everyone was saying about Geelong 5 minutes ago. Things can change in a hurry.
    Dead right. The Weagles list at the end of 2006 was young and (seemingly) talented as well. Other team's fans stood back intimidated and wondered, 'How many years before this team will no longer be a flag contender?'

Hawthorn's chances of winning the 2009 flag are considerably worse than 50% (albeit better than all other clubs' bar Geelong), and by 2010 if they retain their quality players they won't have a terribly young list.

Page 74 of 74 FirstFirst ... 24647071727374