Thread: Where is that banner?

I'm SO over the swans! swan_song's Avatar

Where is that banner?

It seems that whenever the cats appeared on TV prior to last year's grannie, they had their 1435 premiership banner (or whatever year it was) flying from atop that dillapidated, rickety old stand right of screen. Since 2006, has Sydney's premiership flag been flown at the SCG game day and, if so, from where?...I have missed it if it has... Surely it would have sparked fear and trepidation into our foes if they had caught even a slight glimpse of it fluttering proudly in the breeze during a match...
    "Davis...Davis has kicked 2...he snaps from 40...dont tell me, dont tell me, hes kicked a goal....unbelievable stuff from Nick Davis, can you believe this, he's kicked 3 final quarter goals and Swans are within 3 points..."

On the Rookie List
    Actually, having been to a few games down at Skilled (my ex was a Geelong fan) they have each of their Premiership flags flying around the ground. I think 3 of them appear over the Doug Wade Stand (that dillapidated, rickety old stand right of screen as you put it), there is one over the Northern Terrace and the rest are on the Eastern side, over the Brownlow and Ross Drew Stands.
    From memory Our 2005 flag flew over the Members stand after we unfurled it against Port, but I am not sure if it is still there. Personally I wish all 4 of our flags flew over the SCG, even if only on Game Day as a tribute to our Champions past and present, and as a constant reminder of the glorious acheivements our club is capable of when we give it a proper shot.
    This maybe not possible as unlike Geelong we don't own our ground however it would be brilliant if the SCG owners allowed us to fly our flags.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by swan_song View Post
    Since 2006, has Sydney's premiership flag been flown at the SCG game day and, if so, from where?...I have missed it if it has... Surely it would have sparked fear and trepidation into our foes if they had caught even a slight glimpse of it fluttering proudly in the breeze during a match...
    Has been on the Members Stand a bit I think???? Haven't seen it at the Olympic Stadium