2 3.33%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rate a Season # 15 Kieren Jack

I gave him an 8.

He tagged some of the top players in league and rarely had his colours lowered. Is fearless and has pace and a pretty deadly left boot.

Jack Sr a candidate for 'most entertaining sporting Dad of the year' for his EF performance.
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

Veterans List
    Rated him 7. He was showing a fair bit until the Collingwood game late in the season when he went back to a very ordinary level (like a number did). To his credit he redeemed himself and was one of our better players in the finals.

Really looking forward to his advancement in 2009 and am now confident he will form part of a top speedy midfield. Get him in the guts for centre bounces.

8 from me. His crazy smile got him an extra point. The kid loves playing, is not afraid to burrow in and under (Kirky's his mentor, isn't he), starting to extract the ball, has great tackling technique, got better at reading the play, moves quickly, can already handball effectively while in freefall, and as an added bonus I used to lust after his father in my long ago ARL days. He's got it all. Just needs a bit of time to grow into his potential. Even Kirky had to do that.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

v good effort
    had ups and down and needs to work on consistency
    still has a lot of improvement in him IMO
    "As a player he simply should not have been able to do the things he did. Leo was a 185cm, 88kg full-back and played on some of the biggest, fastest and best full-forwards of all time, and constantly beat them." Roos.
    Leo Barry? you star! We'll miss ya, ''Leapin''.

5/10

Goes OK in patches, then disappears. Seems to be the "Jack of all trades and master of none" type. At least he can't be accused of doing Jack @@@@. He does have a dip and generally comes out with it. Needs a role definition.

Suspended by the MRP
    8/10. Couldn't have asked for more from this young gun. Received a Rising Star nomination in Round 4, and has a very bright future with the Swans.

Still a bit inconsistent but that's to be expected from someone who has played only a handful of games. Consistency will come with time.

Had a very good season and is shaping as a vital cog in our side for years to come.

Not the least bit surprised that he made the grade as most of us ressie regulars believed.

He's spent the year as a tagger, now it's time to set him free and use his abundant speed, strength and continuing improved disposal as an outside midfielder. Let Rhyce Shaw pick up the tagging duties.

He's been my lovechild for 3 years as DoctorJ and Reggi can attest to.

Time for me to hand the reigns over, I'm needed to drive the Nick Smith bandwagon.
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    Time for me to hand the reigns over, I'm needed to drive the Nick Smith bandwagon.
    Joining you there. Another crazy smile. He is slippery and moves very well laterally. Hands are getting safer. Reads the play and finds space to move into to take a mark. He would make a life on the wing IMO. As much as I enjoy watching him in ressies, I would prefer to watch him in seniors, at least every second week.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

I've rated him 7. He would have got 8 had he laid on a few more tackles.
    I expect to see more tackles next year. He comes from "tackling" pedigree.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

On the Rookie List Darren Thomson's Avatar
    7 for me. Had a great year for a young player and will develop further, the comments about his being a fine replacement for Kirk in a year or two make sense, although Jack is a lot quicker and has a more penetrating boot, so with experience might be better than Kirk, except for the leadership thing, although who's to say given enough years?

Paul Roos for PM

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12