Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 2009 Fixture

Quote Originally Posted by goswannie14 View Post
    Why do they keep making us play Geelong in Geelong.
    I love going down there - haven't enjoyed the recent losses though
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

On the rise
    Adelaide is the only other team that has to play Geelong and Hawthorn twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Xie Shan View Post
    I thought our supporter base was concentrated in the Eastern Suburbs, the Jewish community will be none too pleased about the Saturday games! Thanks AFL!
    Especially against Carlton!

I'm on the Chandwagon!!!

If you cannot compete for the premiership, it's better to be young and exciting than middle-aged and dowdy.

Quote Originally Posted by Xie Shan View Post
    I thought our supporter base was concentrated in the Eastern Suburbs, the Jewish community will be none too pleased about the Saturday games! Thanks AFL!

I know of many in the Jewish community who give up the Saturday ritual to go to another event on special and rare occassions - as its only 2 saturday arvo's I dont think they will get into too much trouble if they break the ritual.

I just hope that there isnt a race meeting on at Randwick on those to days, my parking spot there is very important!;-)
    I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..................
    Chickens drink - but they don't pee!
    AGE IS ONLY IMPORTANT FOR TWO THINGS - WINE & CHEESE!

Quote Originally Posted by Plugger46 View Post
    I love going down there - haven't enjoyed the recent losses though
    I love going to Geelong too, I know I'm getting off the subject now but there is a little family owned and run restaurant exactley opposite SS on the main road that will give you a huge serving of either roast pork, beef, lamb or chicken, a mountain of hot chips and heaps and heaps of veges for just $7.50, can you believe that? $7.50. I always look forward going to this place as unfortunately, the long drive home back to Melbourne with my 2 swans mates is always fairly quiet as we have just lost.

Veterans List
    For the first time I'm not confident of the Swans' success in 2009. But Roos has continued to impress me - just as he confounds Mike Sheahan - by finding another rabbit in the hat to reverse the "inevitable" slide.

If we go okay next year with a draw as tough as this one then we are worthy finalists. In fact there are many games of battle hardening in that lot and I expect we'll see a lot of kids with a lot more knowledge about what's required to win a premiership after our R2 game.

Maybe I'll just go back to being like the supporters of most other teams and simply enjoy watching the team play and cheering on the wins whenever they happen instead of constantly thinking of what each game means as a progression to a crack at the Premiership.

having ahd another look at our draw, I am guessing...13 wins and 9 losses.

Senior Player
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardy View Post
    I know of many in the Jewish community who give up the Saturday ritual to go to another event on special and rare occassions - as its only 2 saturday arvo's I dont think they will get into too much trouble if they break the ritual.

I just hope that there isnt a race meeting on at Randwick on those to days, my parking spot there is very important!;-)
    I know, I was just being a smart-arse I'm Jewish and we aren't terribly observant.

I remember a few years ago when the Dees made the GF and Joe Gutnick was in charge, there was a bit of hoo-hah about him not being able to attend the GF, which I thought was pretty stupid (though given they were thrashed by the Bombers it was probably a good thing he couldn't attend!!)

Only play West Coast once? I guess they think the rivalry is dead lol.

Quote Originally Posted by goswannie14 View Post
    Why do they keep making us play Geelong in Geelong.
    The best trip of the year thats why.

Love going to the Cattery . Its really the last of the "Old Style" home grounds and always a great weekend of Footy & Golf.

Just hope we can win one though .
    Est 1874
    SMFC

Yarraville, Victoria, Australia, Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilcott View Post
    1 game out of first 10 in Melbourne (thats not counting the Geelong game).

Not good for the Melbourne fans.
    Not brilliant for people who travel either. Will have to stack up on airline ID tickets to Brisbane Sydney & Perth in the space of weeks. (And here was me thinking about resigning.....hmmm)

But with so few games down here so early, what am I supposed to do, sit here & twindle my thumbs?!

JF
    PS:- Any word on where we are playing the pre-season again? Would love to do another Tassie trip if I'm back from the USA in time.
    "Never ever ever state that Sydney is gone.They are like cockroaches in the aftermath of a nuclear war"
    (Forum poster 'Change', Big Footy 04Apr09)

double vodka lemon pls
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardy View Post

the SCG will be the Shule for those 2 sats
    you know what they say, dirty pants- clean botty

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast