Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 2009 Fixture

Quote Originally Posted by JF_Bay22_SCG View Post
    JF
    PS:- Any word on where we are playing the pre-season again? Would love to do another Tassie trip if I'm back from the USA in time.
    I hope that play at least one game in Canberra.
    Summernat weddings ... Road Trip!!!!
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

The new fixture is pretty much what I expected.

Can't predict the quality of teams next year, and regardless, the way the draw is done it's never gonna be fair.

My two gripes would be
    1) ANOTHER game in Geelong, which is supposed to count as a Melbourne game.
    2) The TV schedule which I haven't yet seen, but I know is going to be really crap again this year

5 games in Melbourne is not enough for me to buy a membership.
    Not complaining about that point, that's just the way it is and the way it will be supporting a Sydney team.
    But I have no desire for a Melbourne based membership as the package is just not attractive.
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    7 SCG games
    4 ANZ games
    2 "home" games at Manuka
    3 MCG games
    2 TD (or whatever) games
    1 SS
    1 trip to each of Bris, Ade, and Perth.
    I'd rather play 5 games at the dome than any games at the "G".

IMO we are better off having 9 games at the SCG and only 2 at TS.

FFS another game at SS... I'm getting sick and tired of driving all the way down that @@@@ hiway to @@@@sville only to lose.
    Now this is a thread that i would expect on the ego -centric, wank session that is redandwhiteonline.com...
    MAD
    Pushin Limits

tough looking draw but who knows. Saturday day games are an interesting concept in Sydney. I know a lot of league fans mourn the passing of saturday arvo footy. Can be very nice if the weather is decent.

I wish we could get a different last few rounds for once. I know Collingwood has to be late because we dont play them till the split round but surely we could get someone else late in the season.

And why are we playing 4 games at the dump again? We were nowhere near the required average to have to play 4 out there. The weagles game there will be lucky to draw 30000 i reckon.

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    And why are we playing 4 games at the dump again? We were nowhere near the required average to have to play 4 out there.
    We're playing 4 games at "the dump" again for a simple reason - demand.

This year we had about 20,000 traditional club members in Sydney, and another 10,000 who purchased a Homebush-only pass. The needs of these Homebush-only people have to be catered for, hence the extra game.

And as far as AFL venues go, it's the SCG that's really "the dump"

thats fair enough cheer squad. I do agree in part that the SCG is a dump, buts it a nice one at that. (well in parts!) The dump I love to go to the footy at is Manuka- has jack all in terms of facilities but its a great day out and like a day at the footy used to be. I just find Homebush so very dead a lot of the time in terms of atmosphere- not that the crowd at the SCG at times is much better!

Only the question of those only going to the games at Homebush, surely the club should be looking to actively promote these people into something closer to full club membership? Maybe a discount on tickets for a game at the G as well or something.

For its all well and good to say there are 10000 that only go to Homebush, but surely in the short term we should be trying to make them into full members. I know its a pain and whatever to get to the scg (Hence why usually 2-3 rds of my trips per year to come to Sydney for matches are to the 3 or 4 games at homebush) but surely if they are offered a decent incentive at least some might move past this point. Maybe we might see something from marketing now that the new stand is open at the SCG. Just a thought!

Excuse my ignorance but what does the N stand for after some games??

Also if we play this yrs top sides twice and a cupl of others thrown in,IMO that means some other teams will get a far easier run than us..what do you think..am i wrong or is the AFL after sydney bigtime..

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by thejones,s View Post
    darkNess

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by thejones,s View Post

Night games.

thanks guys ..suffering from a huge mental block..gee i stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Xie Shan View Post
    I know, I was just being a smart-arse I'm Jewish and we aren't terribly observant.

I remember a few years ago when the Dees made the GF and Joe Gutnick was in charge, there was a bit of hoo-hah about him not being able to attend the GF, which I thought was pretty stupid (though given they were thrashed by the Bombers it was probably a good thing he couldn't attend!!)
    I know a Muslim who drinks and smokes. You have to find something to pray forgiveness over.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Quote Originally Posted by JF_Bay22_SCG View Post
    Not brilliant for people who travel either. Will have to stack up on airline ID tickets to Brisbane Sydney & Perth in the space of weeks. (And here was me thinking about resigning.....hmmm)

But with so few games down here so early, what am I supposed to do, sit here & twindle my thumbs?!
    Isn't the saying twiddling my thumbs?

As a resident of Melborn, you can always catch a few Collingwwod games. Play spot the magpie supporter with the most teeth.

No sympathy for you as a Sydney ex pat.

Very cruel.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast