Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2009 NAB Cup Fixture

Quote Originally Posted by top40 View Post
    My 9 year old son was aged 2 when Sydney last won a Pre Season competition game, way way back in 2002. He consequently has no memory of the Swans ever winning a Pre Season competition game.

Please Roosy, can we just win ONE game next year. Please!!
    G'day Top40. I was 9 when South won the preseason GF in 1981 (or 1980). Still remember Barry Round holding up the cup out at Waverley. Was one of lifes football highlights for me until 2005.

Hope for your sons sake we do win a few pre-seasons game.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilcott View Post
    G'day Top40. I was 9 when South won the preseason GF in 1981 (or 1980). Still remember Barry Round holding up the cup out at Waverley. Was one of lifes football highlights for me until 2005.
    I was there too, it was 1982, and it was a night comp, not a pre-season comp. That was when all home and away games were played during the day. Always remember it with fondness, I couldn't talk for a couple of days I was so hoarse!!!
    Does God believe in Atheists?

On the Rookie List
    Once again I don't get the thinking of the AFL. This year more than ever, they want new people to get into watching AFL. There's a freebie game on and instead of scheduling it in Sydney and making a big deal to get people along - they put it in Canberra. I don't get it!
    There is no spoon

Quote Originally Posted by premiers05 View Post
    Once again I don't get the thinking of the AFL. This year more than ever, they want new people to get into watching AFL. There's a freebie game on and instead of scheduling it in Sydney and making a big deal to get people along - they put it in Canberra. I don't get it!
    ROKLobster requested it.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    ROKLobster requested it.
    I believe it is a public holiday that day.

Quote Originally Posted by premiers05 View Post
    So where do they play it in Sydney with the SCG unavailable, ANZ Stadium WAY too big with hardly anyone going to attend and North Sydney Oval to small to play a AFL match on with 18 players per side. Canberra is the logical option for the game if it has to be played in NSW/ACT.
    Once was, now elsewhere

Quote Originally Posted by robbieando View Post
    So where do they play it in Sydney with the SCG unavailable, ANZ Stadium WAY too big with hardly anyone going to attend and North Sydney Oval to small to play a AFL match on with 18 players per side. Canberra is the logical option for the game if it has to be played in NSW/ACT.
    Monarch Oval. They played a game out here against Brisbane about 10 years ago and got a good crowd, plenty of room for parking also, and easy to get too either on the m5 or m7. Saw one of the funniest things ive seen on a footy field when one Dale Lewis played in a Surf hat with Zinc all over his face
    The edge is not the limit, It's just the starting point...

Quote Originally Posted by Pace To Burn View Post
    Monarch Oval. They played a game out here against Brisbane about 10 years ago and got a good crowd, plenty of room for parking also, and easy to get too either on the m5 or m7. Saw one of the funniest things ive seen on a footy field when one Dale Lewis played in a Surf hat with Zinc all over his face
    That was hilarious.
    Monarch Oval is a great venue for a practice match.
    You can drive your car in and park behind the goal posts and blow your horn every time a goal is scored!!
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

That was hilarious.
    You can drive your car in and park behind the goal posts and blow your horn every time a goal is scored!!
    That's how footy should be.
    Does God believe in Atheists?

That was hilarious.
    Your always welcome to come out Annie, im sure i can even get the president to shout you a few drinks
    The edge is not the limit, It's just the starting point...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12