Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Leo quits as captain

Well done to Leo who always puts the club first.

Will still be the general down back.
    "As a player he simply should not have been able to do the things he did. Leo was a 185cm, 88kg full-back and played on some of the biggest, fastest and best full-forwards of all time, and constantly beat them." Roos.
    Leo Barry? you star! We'll miss ya, ''Leapin''.

Quote Originally Posted by Bear View Post
    Sydney scolarship? Or Western Sydney zone in a few years?
    The other clubs would never allow such a program to over-ride the father-son rule. Which is sad, because Roos played 87 games for Sydney (13 short) but to date ahs coached 156 games for the Swans. Surely that should count for something. I don't know if I'm being serious or sullen

I guess it makes sense if Leo is looking to move on at the end of 2009, and it does give a young gun a crack at the leadership group while still having some old heads around the group. Sounds like a smart play on his part.
    10100111001 ;-)

Hallelujah. The only reason I say that is when Leo was captain for the day (aka doing the toss, etc) he seemed to have not as solid a game as when he wasn't.

Plus it means now two people in the backline aren't captain.

Quote Originally Posted by ROK Lobster View Post
    Surely Roos' kids must be nearly old enough by now?
    Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    They'll be off to the Lions if they're any good....father/son rule.
    Not sure they still have the hunger.

They have already felt the euphoria of bouncing around the winners podium on the last Saturday in September.
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    Not sure they still have the hunger.

They have already felt the euphoria of bouncing around the winners podium on the last Saturday in September.
    Bwa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
    Hilarious BBB.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by laughingnome View Post
    The other clubs would never allow such a program to over-ride the father-son rule. Which is sad, because Roos played 87 games for Sydney (13 short) but to date ahs coached 156 games for the Swans. Surely that should count for something. I don't know if I'm being serious or sullen
    Not down to "the other clubs". The scholarship scheme already does over-ride the FS rule. The Saints have signed a young Murphy on a scholarship, and this year the Dorks signed Chris Langford's son so no-one else could get to him and over-ride their FS access to him.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Not down to "the other clubs". The scholarship scheme already does over-ride the FS rule. The Saints have signed a young Murphy on a scholarship, and this year the Dorks signed Chris Langford's son so no-one else could get to him and over-ride their FS access to him.
    Well there you go. Good news
    10100111001 ;-)

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Well done Leo - a sensible and considerate move. And let's leave it at two ftb.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

i reckon we should quit this mutiple captain business and make kirk the no.1 captain..

Sensible man Leo. Kirky as captain is a given, so is Bolts. BUT we need some new trainee leadership bodies, and although Goodsey is an awsome player and bloke, I don't know if he would make a fantastic captain - I am not sure he is "approachable" or embracing enough from the younger player's point of view. But perhaps we have the Captain and Bolts for that role. And he can let off field distractions affect his game.

Now if it was me, I would upgrade a couple of the kids, particularly Malceski. Also Vespa, who is a natural, and Bulldog, but may need to wait a year or two. I doubt Macca would be fantastic in the role, he is not particuarly outgoing, but I am willing to be proven wrong. However Bevo, although very retiring, is honest and couragous and solid, kind of like Leo, but is that good leadership. Perhaps it is.

Waiting on this one. I'd also like to add one more to my list for the distant future. There is something about Jake Oreal that grabs my attention, and its not just his height.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear View Post
    Well done to Leo who always puts the club first.

Will still be the general down back.
    General Mayhem? Here comes the hotstepper!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12