Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Western Sydney team to be delayed

Quote Originally Posted by robamiee View Post
    you would be better to allow tassie to come in...
    and then eventually one of the melb clubs will need to relocate, then you would do West syd as you already have a fan base to work with..
    creating one from scratch in west syd just wont work...
    you would be better to even create one in Canberra...

fans there dont want teams to come and go in....
    they want permanent established clubs...
    Western Sydney does not want another transplanted Melbourne club. That won't work.

They need a club they feel is truly theirs, established in ther heartland.

Tassie is a waste of resources for such a small, divided (north/south) population.
    "As a player he simply should not have been able to do the things he did. Leo was a 185cm, 88kg full-back and played on some of the biggest, fastest and best full-forwards of all time, and constantly beat them." Roos.
    Leo Barry? you star! We'll miss ya, ''Leapin''.

Quote Originally Posted by Bear View Post
    Western Sydney does not want another transplanted Melbourne club.
    Western Sydney does not want or see the need for an AFL club of any description.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheer Squad View Post
    Western Sydney does not want or see the need for an AFL club of any description.
    Particularly as it will be one of the hardest hit regions in the country in the coming depression. Great idea greasebags. Start up a new football club in the toughest market in Australia in the middle of a depression. Hats off all round.
    Bevo bandwagon driver

Quote Originally Posted by connolly View Post
    Particularly as it will be one of the hardest hit regions in the country in the coming depression. Great idea greasebags. Start up a new football club in the toughest market in Australia in the middle of a depression. Hats off all round.
    Logic was never one of the AFL's strong points! its doomed to failure.
    I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..................
    Chickens drink - but they don't pee!
    AGE IS ONLY IMPORTANT FOR TWO THINGS - WINE & CHEESE!

Quote Originally Posted by connolly View Post
    Talk about overstating a case. Are we even in recession yet?
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Quote Originally Posted by premiers05 View Post
    Actually I can't for the life of me figure why RWOers didn't jump for joy when a new team in Sydney was proposed. Unless you are all Victorians on this forum (or ex Victorians) surely you would want more AFL opportunities in Sydney. Opportunities for the profile of the game, opportunities to see the game and opportunities for our kids to play. That the new team is to be delayed is a blow to the Swans because a raising of the profile can only be a good thing.

That having been said, the AFL have to put alot of time and effort and possibly money into raising the profile. If I lived in Blacktown and had only ever seen AFL on TV (if I made the effort) I wouldn't see what the fuss was about. Watching a good game live is the only way to get people in Blacktown to see why AFL is so much better than league. The AFL have to put on exhibition games for free and as many as they can starting now to get people in the Western Suburbs of Sydney to get enthusiastic.
    There's only one team in Sydney ... and wanted to add to that inspiring thought.

Why should we fund the bogans? The AFL never put on free games in Sydney when they made (or more or less made) South Melbourne relocate (although QBE did hand out a lot of free tickets in the very early years).
    Seriously, there's only so much money in Sydney. The AFL are pissing their good TV rights money up a brick wall even doing the research looking into putting another team up here.

They should develop Darwin.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345