Thread: West's President Comments

West's President Comments

I was just reading the Herald-Sun story regarding the battle between Tasmania and Western Sydney when I came across the following post:

(As the President of the Western Suburbs Australian Football Club who should be part of the franchise bid as we are the only club in Western Sydney, "suffer in your jocks Saul." The reason why we have been given the front running in the franchise tender is because to give a Tasmanian team the opportunity you would need two franchises to accomodate the two heads you all have down there! Posted by: Andrew Taylor of Sydney 7:13pm December 08, 2008
    Comment 5 of 30)

If it is from the President I would find these comments totally out of line. I was wondering whether anyone had any more details or could verify whether this is infact the president of Wests?
    The only All Australian captain charged with glassing

Quote Originally Posted by The Duck View Post
    I was just reading the Herald-Sun story regarding the battle between Tasmania and Western Sydney when I came across the following post:

(As the President of the Western Suburbs Australian Football Club who should be part of the franchise bid as we are the only club in Western Sydney, "suffer in your jocks Saul." The reason why we have been given the front running in the franchise tender is because to give a Tasmanian team the opportunity you would need two franchises to accomodate the two heads you all have down there! Posted by: Andrew Taylor of Sydney 7:13pm December 08, 2008
    Comment 5 of 30)

If it is from the President I would find these comments totally out of line. I was wondering whether anyone had any more details or could verify whether this is infact the president of Wests?
    Andrew Taylor is the new President of Wests, but i dont know if its the same person who has commented, they are obviously not the only club in western sydney so that sounds a bit strange, and it would be an extremely stupid thing to do(unless he thought noone up here would see it.
    The edge is not the limit, It's just the starting point...

Almost Football Legend
    I don't know if it's the same Andrew Taylor, but even if it is I don't have a problem with those comments.
    Having read the original article, which was the Tasmanian AFL bid bagging out West Sydney as "Boganville", I don't see anything wrong with returning serve with comments about Tasmania. Although, as others have pointed out, both on here and on the article, there are other Australian football clubs in the western suburbs.

Follow me on Twitter - @tealfooty

aka Mr Taxman
    If Tails did say this then I am sure he will show some remorse & retract what he said.

As a Western Sydney resident I am disgusted with how the Tasmanians labelled us & would gladly compare my business & academic credentials against an economist whose company's share price has fallen drastically over the past year ... bring it on!
    See me run a marathon again as a leprechaun?
    Donations