Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Nick Davis: Lost to the Code

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by reigning premier View Post
    I think there's a lot off assholes here who can't even give this guy the credit he is due now that they've got their wish and he is gone.

You know who you are. And it makes me sick that I support the same team that people like you do.
    Don't worry. I've always felt sick that I support the same team as you.

Veterans List
    Life goes on, we have our memories. Thanks for your top games in both Grand Finals, not just the PF.

Enjoy the punt.

On the Rookie List Darren Thomson's Avatar
    Yes Nick thanks for some great memories of a supremely talented player who, on his day, could ooutplay anyone. I believe he may well have still been at the club had it not been for the serious injury he sustained this year and of course, the limitations of the draft, he will play footy somewhere though, and I hope he enjoys himself while he's at it. Good on ya Nick.

Paul Roos for PM

Are we forgetting why he spent so much of the last two years in the magoo's?

Whilst i applaud his efforts and thank him for all he did for the club ,it was his attitude to a TEAM game that Stank IMO..he thought he was bigger and better than Ben Hur..sorry its a TEAM game..i hate to see
    any player miss out on getting picked but Nick take a long look at why you where in the reserves..

I use to go and watch the reserves games just to see how yr attitude was but alas ...same same o...

I think there's a lot off assholes here who can't even give this guy the credit he is due now that they've got their wish and he is gone.

You know who you are. And it makes me sick that I support the same team that people like you do.
    Well said. They should be ashamed of themselves.
    Bevo bandwagon driver

Up yours sonny. I was nice - ish. Kind of. Sort of. (Still glad to see the back of him though.)
    Just you wait till you come home, I'll fix ya!
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

I was sorry to see him go. Sad he couldn't get a run elsewhere.

However I don't think employing Lance as his manager was a terribly smart thing to do as Lance never played AFL and really didn't know the structure and issues.

Hopefully he can get him a job with the Colonel.

Perhaps an academic career.......KFC Colonel's Scholars

The Club in the past has hung onto players for a long time especially players with injury (Chapman, Fitzy, and Heath James) so Nick well and truly cooked his own goose (chook) for the Club to show him the door.

No one wanted him even in the pre-season. Sadly says a lot.

At least he has a premiership in the memory bank. Many greater players don't.
    Last edited by Bas; 17th December 2008 at 11:11 PM. Reason: remembered Heath the hammy's name
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Quote Originally Posted by goswannie14 View Post
    Sad to see Davis gone. I think even Roos said recently that qrtr was the best qrtr of finals football ever played by an individual I will ever be grateful for the joy that that qrtr and the succeeding 8 qrtrs of football brought into my life.

Thanks Nick, all the best for whatever the future holds.
    HERE HERE!!
    Swannies for life!

I hope Davo really considers trying out to become a punter in the NFL.
    I only support one team: The SYDNEY SWANS!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by lachlanc View Post
    Amid all the Cousins hysteria, as Swans fans let's not overlook the fact that Nick Davis didn't get a Lions guernsey today. As someone who appreciated his efforts for our club, on balance, I am disappointed to see the AFL door closed on such a talented and exciting player.

Its a bit like Schneider. I really enjoyed him playing for St. Kilda this year and he showed he can really play. I missed him in Red and White. Roos might say it was for the best of both parties, but I'm still not sure.

But unlike Schneider, the Davis career is now over. Its a bit sad, but I see his Dad was quoted as saying that his son should be respected: that he'd played in a premiership and played more games than he had. That's a good way to look at it.

Anyway, I thought our site should acknowledge Davis's career and wish him well. I see he's thinking of that ridiculous gridiron code. I'm unlikely to watch, but I thank him for the good times and wish him well.
    Booo @@@@ing hooooo!

Suspended by the MRP

The Saviour

It is Christmas not Easter - However the '05 Saviour is now gone?

good luck pus-in-boots

Hes not the messiah , hes just a very naughty boy

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast