Thread: New facility in Blacktown

New facility in Blacktown

I went out and checked out the new AFL/cricket facility at Blacktown with a couple of mates last weekend. There is some progress with the grandstands etc taking early shape...

We so desperately need another AFL club in Sydney to grow our game, so all three of us (although Swans supporters) are really looking forward to it.

The only other thing we saw out there was a few people playing soccer and volleyball... but the local fish and chip shop in Rooty Hill makes a nice potato scallop

Has anyone else been out there to take a look lately?
    And does anyone know the dimensions of the major oval? It looked a bit short...
    "As a player he simply should not have been able to do the things he did. Leo was a 185cm, 88kg full-back and played on some of the biggest, fastest and best full-forwards of all time, and constantly beat them." Roos.
    Leo Barry? you star! We'll miss ya, ''Leapin''.

Almost Football Legend
    Haven't been out there for a while, but last time I was in that area around Blacktown Olympic Park I saw the earth-moving equipment around. But the plans I've seen make it very impressive for a training facility. It won't be used on game day, West Sydney will play their home games at Homebush at either the Olympic Stadium or the Showgrounds.
    I'll be in Victoria over Christmas, but when I get back to Sydney I've got a bit of spare time; so I might go out there with my camera and have a look how it's taking shape.

Follow me on Twitter - @tealfooty