Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NAB Cup Trivia

Regular in the Side

NAB Cup Trivia

Here's a few NAB Cup questions that may interest a few:

1. Which currently listed Swan has played the most NAB Cup games? (And I limit this to the NAB Cup, and not the past Pre Season Competitions that came under a different commercial title, such as the Ansett Cup or the Wizard Cup)

2. Name the currently listed Swan players who have kicked a 9 point goal?

3. Based on the current Sydney players lists, how many 9 point goals has the club actually kicked?

Quote Originally Posted by top40 View Post

1. Which currently listed Swan has played the most NAB Cup games? (And I limit this to the NAB Cup, and not the past Pre Season Competitions that came under a different commercial title, such as the Ansett Cup or the Wizard Cup)

3. Based on the current Sydney players lists, how many 9 point goals has the club actually kicked?
    1. Jude Bolton

2.dont know

3. I think we have only kicked only the one 9 point goal.

I am guessing at all 3 of these questions, so I would not be surprised if I have all 3 wrong.

Veteran Site Admin
    I think there have only ever been a couple of 9 pointers kicked by Swans (as Swans) and none have actually been kicked from outside 50m - rather they have been downfield frees and/or 50m penalties.

Pretty sure Luke Ablett is the scorer of one such.

Of course, it is possible that the likes of Mattner might have kicked 9 pointers for the Crows.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    I seem to recall Craig Bolton kicked one from a 50 penalty against Carlton.

Edit: Just saw your restriction to the NAB Cup only, in that case we've only kicked 1 super goal in that period (06 onwards) and it was Kirk (and they say Wikipedia is good for nothing )
    Last edited by ugg; 11th February 2009 at 11:17 AM.

Given our penchant for not playing more then one NAB game a year, I'd say the current swan who has played the most would be Shaw or Playfair. *stab*
    10100111001 ;-)

Can we find out the answers?

Regular in the Side

OK, here are the answers:

1. The currently listed Swan has played the most NAB Cup games

Heath Shaw with 16. (And I think that also extends to ALL PreSeason competition games even before the titled "NAB Cup"). Second are Brett Kirk and Jude Bolton with 15 each. You may be surprise to know that 20th century veterans like Michael O'Loughlin, Barry Hall and Leo Barry have only played 14, 13, and 10 games respectively.

2. & 3. The currently listed Swan players who have kicked a 9 point goal?

There are only three 9 pointers in total by the club, by three players, and none of them forwards:
    Craig Bolton and Brett Kirk (both at Homebush against Carlton in 2004), and Luke Ablett (at Manuka against the Western Bulldogs in 2007).

It was clearly stated that the answers were limited to the NAB Cup, whose sponsorship only started in 2006.

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    It was clearly stated that the answers were limited to the NAB Cup, whose sponsorship only started in 2006.
    Heath Shaw IS the correct answer even when to the "NAB Cup", whose sponsorship only started in 2006. I merely mentioned that he happens to have also played the most games per se.

Heath Shaw IS the correct answer even when to the "NAB Cup", whose sponsorship only started in 2006. I merely mentioned that he happens to have also played the most games per se.
    I think you'll find that Heath Shaw isn't the correct answer at all.
    Officially on the Reid and Sumner bandwagon!

I was referring to questions 2 and 3

Btw I don't think Kirk and Bolton could have played 15 given we've crashed out in round 1 every year of the NAB Cup

top40....want to borrow a shovel ??
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast