Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Manuka - Sunday 22 February

Rah-Rah for Swans

Former Canadian rugby union international Mike Pyke will play for the Sydney Swans in Sunday's NAB Cup match against Port Adelaide.

Pyke will share the rucking duties with Darren Jolly in the match at Canberra's Manuka Oval, Swans coach Paul Roos said on Wednesday.
    Experienced Swans such as Jolly, Adam Goodes, Jude Bolton and Ryan O'Keefe will also play against Port Adelaide on Sunday.

And former Collingwood play Rhyce Shaw is set to make his debut for the Swans following his off-season move.
    Goodesy's playing. Yay!!
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Dont be surprised if one of the sydney swifts girls turns up on the field in full kit and a stick on moustache - I would hope that they would try anything to keep our key players in cotton wool and injury free prior to the real season.
    I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..................
    Chickens drink - but they don't pee!
    AGE IS ONLY IMPORTANT FOR TWO THINGS - WINE & CHEESE!

Quote Originally Posted by Wardy View Post
    Dont be surprised if one of the sydney swifts girls turns up on the field in full kit and a stick on moustache - I would hope that they would try anything to keep our key players in cotton wool and injury free prior to the real season.
    Goodesy'll be right. If Roosey had brains, he wouldn't play him for more than five minutes. Scare the bejesus out of the Port coaching staff. Makes them have to put out more first classers so that they have a chance of receiving some silverware in 2009.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.

Suspended by the MRP

the whip

Crack that Whip? & Whip it Goodes!

Never seen a pre season cup game at Manuka, should I turn up early for tix?
    One vege patch at a time
    www.onegreenacre.com
    Looking for a beer? Look here,
    www.whereisthepub.org

Quote Originally Posted by blinddog View Post
    Never seen a pre season cup game at Manuka, should I turn up early for tix?
    You should always turn up early if you want to buy tickets at the gate for any game.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    Goodesy'll be right. If Roosey had brains, he wouldn't play him for more than five minutes. Scare the bejesus out of the Port coaching staff.
    Just run Goodsey past Dean Brogan. Ever seen a really big man really genuinely cry?
    Bevo bandwagon driver

Almost Football Legend
    Destructive and I have just decided to go.

But I'm getting majorly pissed off with the Ticketmaster website. It appears to only be selling tix in the Bradman Stand or general admission (ie standing room). In the past, we've sat in the Menzies terrace.
    Surely the Menzies terrace isn't sold out; and I'm not aware of any construction work or reason why it would be cordoned off. So why the @@@@ can't I get tickets for the Menzies terrace?

Anyone else had trouble getting tix online?

Follow me on Twitter - @tealfooty

Veteran Site Admin
    Norris - you may already be on your way down the highway. But I suspect it is just that all tickets except the Bradman Stand are non-reserved, general entry.

if you haven't left yet Norris if it is like last year all stand areas except the Bradman basically were non-reserved general admin. I guess it would be the same this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Norris Lurker View Post
    Destructive and I have just decided to go.

But I'm getting majorly pissed off with the Ticketmaster website. It appears to only be selling tix in the Bradman Stand or general admission (ie standing room). In the past, we've sat in the Menzies terrace.
    Surely the Menzies terrace isn't sold out; and I'm not aware of any construction work or reason why it would be cordoned off. So why the @@@@ can't I get tickets for the Menzies terrace?

Anyone else had trouble getting tix online?
    The Menzies Terrace! That would be on the right wing and sold out long ago pointing north? Somewhere near the Brisbane Line?
    Bevo bandwagon driver

Quote Originally Posted by connolly View Post
    The Menzies Terrace! That would be on the right wing and sold out long ago pointing north? Somewhere near the Brisbane Line?
    ..and the stands would be made of Pig-iron.
    "The Dog days are over, The Dog days are gone" Florence and the Machine

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast