Thread: Membership numbers (again)

bloodstainedangels Emerald Hill's Avatar

Membership numbers (again)

Had a look at the Western Bulldogs site today - only to see if my nephew's mate was in their team for tonight, honest - and the first thing that hit me about their site was a 2009 membership counter. I looked at 5 other club sites - for research purposes only, honest - and 4 of those 5 had a membership counter, too. And it wasn't just the big clubs boasting about their memberships. North, Bulldogs and Brisbane, all currently with less than 20,000 members, had their figures on display.

I have 2 questions.

1. Why doesn't our site have a membership counter.

2. Does anyone know what our current membership is? I know the figure of 18,000 was being bandied around a week or two ago but where did this information come from?
    "Notwithstanding the sight of all our miseries, which press upon us and take us by the throat, we have an instinct which we cannot repress, and which lifts us up." - Pascal

Blog Entries
    Maybe you could post the qn in this thread, EH. -> Swans website - RedAndWhiteOnline.com Messageboard

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Hill View Post

I have 2 questions.

1. Why doesn't our site have a membership counter.

2. Does anyone know what our current membership is? I know the figure of 18,000 was being bandied around a week or two ago but where did this information come from?
    The answer to your question is probably fear and/or embarrassment.

There are many membership categories, but the main ones of interest would be:

FULL CLUB MEMBERS - SYDNEY
    SCG ONLY - SYDNEY
    MELBOURNE MEMBERS

HOMEBUSH SUPERPASSES

We will probably "lose" quite a few FULL CLUB MEMBERS in Sydney this year due to the introduction of the SCG ONLY category.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheer Squad View Post
    The answer to your question is probably fear and/or embarrassment.

Victorian Clubs have a thing about size or lack of.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.