Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2009 Premiership

Envious of Rohan Graham

2009 Premiership

submit your end of regular season ladder predictions & phelan medal winner
    Last edited by Tubby Pudge; 17th February 2009 at 03:44 PM.

Envious of Rohan Graham
    1.unsw/es
    2.western Suburbs
    3.e.c.e
    4.pennant Hills
    5.north Shore
    6.sydney Uni
    7.wollongong
    8.balmain
    9.campbelltown
    10.st.george

jason calloupas

the last time some genius tipped us to get the spoon we made the GF in 2007, dont worry about us we will be fine.

1. Wests
    2. Penno
    3. UNSW/ES
    4. ECE
    5. St George
    6. Sydney Uni
    7. North Shore
    8. C'Town
    9. Wollongong
    10. Balmain

Matthew Withers
    Oh crikey!

Having looked at what St George have lost and Wests gained, I cant see that much improvement at Wests. Top of Table!! * ARKIN CRAP. They wont make finals.Players dont change the culture, and neither will there NEW coach.

Almost Football Legend
    Still a long way to go till the season starts, so I may well change my mind, but my current predictions are:
    1. UNSW-ES ? Seems half of Sydney is training there at the moment; and this to top up a side that won the minor premiership last year. They?ll be up there.
    2. Pennant Hills ? the loss of 3 key players to AFL rookie lists may hurt, but plenty more where they come from. Likely contenders again.
    3. East Coast Eagles ? Have lost a few, but they?ll be desperate to make amends for last year?s grand final capitulation. Finally have a home ground to call their own, and it?s looking good. They?ll be up there with the best of them.
    4. North Shore ? Flying under the radar quite nicely in the pre-season talk, and that?s how they like it. Will promote plenty from their under-18s premiership side again. Never a side to be taken lightly.
    5. Wests ? Were knocking on the door of the top 5 for most of last year; and with some well-targetted recruiting may well make that next step this year.
    6. Sydney Uni ? A power side of the future, but this year may be a touch early for them to hit their peak.
    7. St George ? They?ve lost a lot, and it will take time for the new-look Dragons side to gel. But they?ll be competitive.
    8. Wollongong ? Great club, great facilities, but on-field success has been elusive. Maybe 2009 will be their year, but at this stage I can?t predict it.
    9. Balmain ? Big improvers late in 2008, will be keen to build on that in 2009. It won?t be easy, and will take time, but they?re starting to lay the foundations of a good side.
    10. Campbelltown ? Another team of young up and comers. Lack of depth has been an issue in recent years, but the restructure giving their seconds a more competitive game may help. Exciting times ahead at Monarch, but I can?t see them coming just yet.

If I tipped your club to struggle, I?ve been wrong before. And there?s still a long time between now and the finals, so a lot can change between now and then.

Follow me on Twitter - @tealfooty

Easts
    Penno
    Campbelltown
    East Coast
    Wests
    Norths
    St George
    Sydney Uni
    Wollongong
    Balmain

Earl Shaw
    The edge is not the limit, It's just the starting point...

Quote Originally Posted by El Gato View Post
    1. Wests
    2. Penno
    3. UNSW/ES
    4. ECE
    5. St George
    6. Sydney Uni
    7. North Shore
    8. C'Town
    9. Wollongong
    10. Balmain

Matthew Withers
    Is Matty def playing? I heard he has some issues with work as he got a promotion and hes boss(DAD) doesnt want him having six weeks off again if he gets injured
    The edge is not the limit, It's just the starting point...

Matty has signed and is training. I've not spoken to him about his work situation so can't answer that.
    Oh crikey!

Wests ? will outbid ECE (for once) & Blues for Shaw & with up to 10 senior players from St.G will be the big improvers ? 15 wins
    ECE ? Made a play for Linsen, Jarjoura & Shaw and are desperate for success on the new ground. 5 from blues & riff 18?s are walk up senior players (Inc 2 scholarship players), Inc another 2-3 seniors players from Blues & 2 from Queanbeyan which they will fly in each week ? will start favourites for flag - 15wins
    SYD UNI ? Recruited Gun CHF from ACT from all reports. Will top up with more youngsters again big improvers watch out - 14 wins
    Penno ? Lost Jones, Mill, Spencer (retired) may lose A.Richardson, McGrath, Reed & Ranga but will rely on Angel, Beaston & Myers to fill in midfield roles can?t discount ? 11wins
    North Shore ? Will develop even more running kids will improve - 11 wins
    UNSW - lost Darling, Pech, Mullinder, O?Brien, Carey, Abbott, Ogle, Jarjoura ? Picked up some kids from St.G & 3-4 unknown recruits ? 9/10wins
    Balmain ? club on right track & recruited gun CHB? Also reportly recruited plenty of fringe players who are ready to step up, another side that will improve on games won in 08 ? 9wins
    Wollongong - ?? 4wins from bottom 2
    St.G ? Won?t recover this year from Togs & Cubitt fall out - 1 win
    Blues ? Won?t recover from lost players & will miss top 18?s - 1 win

Quote Originally Posted by Pace To Burn View Post
    Is Matty def playing? I heard he has some issues with work as he got a promotion and hes boss(DAD) doesnt want him having six weeks off again if he gets injured

My top 5

Norths - gone very quietly about there business and have excellent kids.Penno showed the way last year to build from within and Norths will bounce back well.
    Penno- Lose a few but have plenty of numbers ready to take there chance.
    ECE- Recruited a heap of young blokes who wont like running around in ressies while pensioners like Smythe,Garner & Seebeck continue to play.Just through sheer weight of numbers will be up there.
    Wests- Recruited 5 very good players from St George,especially Watkins.Dont lose to many and will improve.
    St George - Always there abouts, lost a few(5) SENIOR players to Wests but will rely on some good kids to keep them up there.

UNSW/ES - Now that Jarjoura is gone who is Luffy and Super going to argue with.Picked up Loopy and two ressies from St George.Will miss the 5.
    Sydney Uni - Shades of 1991-92 with big recruitment drive, werent far away last year and can improve.
    Balmain - Lost there two best players in Dixon(interstate) and Napper(injured).Will struggle again.
    C/Town -Havent lost much and picked up a few from interstate from all reports so will get better.
    Wollongong - Legless

On the Rookie List
    Interesting year ahead.

Don't judge a book by its cover or a club by it's clearances.

I'd say every club probably has 1 or 2 aces up it's sleave for Round 1.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast