Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Campbell Heath - ACL?

Drummoyne..INNER WEST BABY!! (Bay 29 SCG)

Campbell Heath - ACL?

Looks like one of our new boys has done a knee. Has been reported on Bigfooty (enter Bigfooty jibes). Anyone know or can confirm? Injury list on the AFL website hasn't been updated.

Always bound to be one each year from our youngsters.
    Official Driver Of The "Who Gives A @@@@ As The Player Will Get Delisted Anyway" Bandwagon.

Blog Entries
    Damn shame, if true.

If true, would have been done at training I presume?

I'm on the Chandwagon!!!

If you cannot compete for the premiership, it's better to be young and exciting than middle-aged and dowdy.

Good grief.
    I thought they made kiddies tougher these days.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Where's our bionic surgeon?
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Terrible news for him if true. At the risk of being a tad heartless, he's a bottom age kid that was staying at home to finish high school anyway wasn't he?
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    Terrible news for him if true. At the risk of being a tad heartless, he's a bottom age kid that was staying at home to finish high school anyway wasn't he?
    No excuse now for not getting straight As!!!!!
    Red and white till I die

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsAllGoodes View Post
    No excuse now for not getting straight As!!!!!
    Damn straight!

Must make taking the option of nominating as a youngster look pretty awesome right now.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Given he wouldn't of played any AFL games this year, it shouldn't hurt his development too much. He can just get the rehab done and then knuckle down next year. Best of luck to him.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post

VERY HEARTLESS. Imagine how gutted he would be, his dream shattered. No matter how you want to rationalise something like this he will never buy it.

Another reason to raise the drafting age. Under age boy playing against men. Training at high speed and playing at even higher. Most of their bodies are nowhere near developed enough. If their muscle isn't anywhere near the bulk required then their tendons and ligaments are also way behind in strength.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    VERY HEARTLESS. Imagine how gutted he would be, his dream shattered. No matter how you want to rationalise something like this he will never buy it.

Another reason to raise the drafting age. Under age boy playing against men. Training at high speed and playing at even higher. Most of their bodies are nowhere near developed enough. If their muscle isn't anywhere near the bulk required then their tendons and ligaments are also way behind in strength.
    I would agree with this as well and is normally the reason the Swans bring the younger players along slower than other clubs. Heath's problem with this ACL injury is that he did the injury while he was training with either his Private School Team or the Gippsland Power TAC Cup Team (I've heard different reports but the school seems likely at this stage) at the time and not while training with the Swans in Sydney because he is still doing Year 12 in Victoria and hence would of been at School last week. So he didn't do the injury while training against Men, he did it against Boys his own age or even younger.
    Once was, now elsewhere

That's bad news but I hope it doesn't have a severe impact on his footy in the future.
    I only support one team: The SYDNEY SWANS!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast