Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bruce Purser Oval opens in style

Quote Originally Posted by Pekay View Post
    I was at the game last night, and what an incredible atmosphere it was, so many kids, and i dare say, many new faces introduced to the game, which is what its all about. East Coast, for whatever reason, tall poppy syndrome i think, has many knockers in this league, and especially from the countless people who choose to not put their names to their comments, but they should be applauded for the many long years of lobbying local council for their own patch of ground to call their own. Pete Physick has been instrumental in all of this from day dot, and can be proud of last night's outcome. Easily the best surface in Sydney, testament to this is a tick of approval from the AFL to play last night's game there. All players who trot onto the pristine surface of Purser will be more then happy, as it will a pleasure to play on. I cant wait til we meet UTS there as part of the Nor-West Gala Day.
    Also worth a mention was all the support staff from the Eagles, who did the "1%ers" cleaning up, selling food and drinks, a great job by them too.
    Looks like this thread got a little hijacked .... thanks for your kind words Pekay. The night really was a great success all round.

Firstly it was a great advertisement for AFL footy in the Hills area. We know from our research on the night that many of the spectators were from the local community who were seeing our code for the first time.

Secondly it was a great branding opportunity for East Coast to endeavour to get those first timers back to Bruce Purser to watch the Eagles go round in the Sydney AFL. Many said they would, and time will tell whether that will happen.

Thirdly it allowed the Council to showcase the complex at its best. We think it ticked all the boxes and passed every test, particularly when you remember that it was brand new and totally untried under match conditions. The East Coast volunteers were fabulous across the night and the days leading up to the event, when there was so much to be done.

Although having the Swans play there to christen the ground was a coup, for me the real opening day is April 18th when the Eagles go round against North Shore. That's the day I'm looking forward to the most ....
    www.eastcoasteagles.com.au

keep it coming Pekay "I only stayed around the beer and food outlets and managed to sneak into the VIP tent for a about half an hour to chat to some old friends"

Obviously the old friend (which is laughable at best) is Oscar. very touching

BTW l'll be seeing you on field this year, the only triple thing happening will be me hitting you, you hitting the floor & the ambo hitting 100km LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Pekay View Post
    I tell ya mate, if i knew what i had done to these blokes i'd tell you!!
    Monty not so much but this Doormat carries on a bit, much in the same vein as Rooboy and the other moron before him. Although, part of me thinks its someone i know thats baiting me, and if so and i find out who, well, they will have it coming in triplicate!

Your a cracker Go Eagles or should l say Junior

[QUOTE=GoEagles;428588]
    Quote Originally Posted by tara View Post

Hang about here, im not the peanut who is challenging the competition on who has the better ground?????

Talking about intellect why would you post such negativity when obviosuly it is sensational for the league and it has gained great exposure for Sydney AFL. We think it is great for the league and the region and if more grounds were presented like it then the comp would be even better off.

Change your name to tall poppy syndrome

Oscar,
    Congratulations on the ground! Having played with you guys for a number of years, I know there has been a lot of heartache, head smashing, frustration and pain for the past 12 years at least to get this ground up and running. A credit to you Pete for the persistance, patience, passion and balls you've showed! i look forward to venturing out there this year albeit in opposing change rooms.

i believe there were some cost cutting to finally get it all done...

The trophy cabinet idea was scraped... as it wasnt found necessary..

Sasha,

On ECE website lists (just can't think of his name) but its the full back from EC you all know that player who keeps on turning the football over by foot, father. It's the father who lobbied for years & got the ground. I suppose just goes to show the real workers who fly under the radar don't require the back slaps (pekay) who really should get all the praise

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha View Post
    Oscar,
    Congratulations on the ground! Having played with you guys for a number of years, I know there has been a lot of heartache, head smashing, frustration and pain for the past 12 years at least to get this ground up and running. A credit to you Pete for the persistance, patience, passion and balls you've showed! i look forward to venturing out there this year albeit in opposing change rooms.

Warming the Bench
    [QUOTE=Doormat;428715]Your a cracker Go Eagles or should l say Junior

Didnt you suggest some time ago that Go Eagles was drinking beer with me and Adroit at BPR, Doormat?

And I quote "Is that you, go eagles drinking beer with junior & adroit on the side lines?"

Makes it tough to be the same person if we are both standing next to each other having a beer...?

Almost Football Legend
    There will always be knockers and snipers to hijack any thread with their own agendas; but those who were there on Saturday night would have been impressed with the quality of the facilities. It was also encouraging to see some good footy branding, with the Sydney AFL and the East Coast Eagles being well publicised throughout the night. If it can lead to increased interest in the game at our level, as well as the AFL, it will be good for footy.
    The ground was a long time in coming, but now that it?s there it looks sensational. Well done to those at the ECE who worked so hard for so long to make it happen.

Follow me on Twitter - @tealfooty

Quote Originally Posted by Doormat View Post
    Sasha,

On ECE website lists (just can't think of his name) but its the full back from EC you all know that player who keeps on turning the football over by foot, father. It's the father who lobbied for years & got the ground. I suppose just goes to show the real workers who fly under the radar don't require the back slaps (pekay) who really should get all the praise
    Been at the meths again Doormat???

Quote Originally Posted by Doormat View Post
    keep it coming Pekay "I only stayed around the beer and food outlets and managed to sneak into the VIP tent for a about half an hour to chat to some old friends"

Obviously the old friend (which is laughable at best) is Oscar. very touching

BTW l'll be seeing you on field this year, the only triple thing happening will be me hitting you, you hitting the floor & the ambo hitting 100km LOL
    Beautiful, another one for the list. Keep in mind, there are no official umpires in the grade i'll be playing, so if you wish to play dirty against me, i'll be ready. You know who i am, i have no idea who you are, so perhaps i should just go after all my opponents week in, week out?? Kiss your kids before you play us, spend some time with them.
    And if you're coming after me during the game, i'll take that,i normally do, our boys will be all over whichever bunch of muppets you play for.
    See you in the funny pages you seagull.

Almost Football Legend
    Sadly this thread's gone too far off track to be salvagable. Lockage.

Follow me on Twitter - @tealfooty

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123