Thread: Round 3 at the Gabba

Senior Player

Round 3 at the Gabba

Can anyone tell me what the difference is between booking tickets through the Swans and ordering directly on line through Ticketek for the game at the Gabba.

Quote Originally Posted by annew View Post
    Can anyone tell me what the difference is between booking tickets through the Swans and ordering directly on line through Ticketek for the game at the Gabba.
    When booking thru the club, all Swans members are seated together as the tickets are purchased by the club in one group. Thru Ticketek you could be sitting surrounded by Lions supporters.

Senior Player
    Does anyone know what area at the Gabba these tickets are. It appears as though you have to purchase blindly with no idea where your seat is whereas if you purchase through Ticketek when they go on sale you at least know what your seat is prior to paying. I would at least like to know where my seat is before I purchase it.

Does anyone know what area at the Gabba these tickets are. It appears as though you have to purchase blindly with no idea where your seat is whereas if you purchase through Ticketek when they go on sale you at least know what your seat is prior to paying. I would at least like to know where my seat is before I purchase it.
    If you book through the club, you'll be seated somewhere in one of the ground level bays with other Swans members.

Last year I booked through Ticketek and sat in section 54 (upstairs) and had a great seat, especially as I was surrounded by plenty of Swans supporters. One of the Lions supporters present complained it was like being at a Sydney home game!

Here's the Gabba map for you.

http://www.thegabba.org.au/files/pdf...Plan170102.pdf

I ONCE made the mistake of booking via ticketec for an MCG game against Collingwood. My seat was on the aisle. On the other side of the aisle was the Collingwood cheer squad. Get your ticket through the Swans.......shudder.......
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Veteran Site Admin
    A couple of years ago I bought a ticket through the club for the Gabba and, as others have said, I was seated in a midst of Swans fans at ground level. I much prefer watching from an elevation and the stands looked half empty, so at half-time I decided to see if anyone would question me wandering upstairs to a stand. And they didn't. Unlike the SCG where access to the stands is fiercely guarded.

So I got to watch the second half from the back of a stand with load of space and very few Brisbane fans around, unlike the very cramped conditions of the sardine-like ground level seats.

If I go up this year I'll just buy a ticket myself through Ticketek (or Master, or whichever it is).

Yarraville, Victoria, Australia, Australia
    Normally the allocation the club gets (which is seperate to the Queensland Supporters Club/Cheer Squad Allocation behind the goals) is on Level 1 on the half forward line towards the Lions goals. I sat there once in 2003 or 4 I think. Not bad seats. Right near the players' race as well.

Generally thought Lions fans are OK to sit amongst. They are pretty ho hum when they play us these days & haven't seen them win in years (even despite their premierships). They can go a bit feral at night when the turps hits them. But all in all thee is NO BETTER place in the country to watch the football than the Gabba in my view!

Otherwise ask for seats with us in the CS (no grog at your seat, but we can sneak off for a quick one at half time up the back). Grab a flag or sign & get amongst it.

JF
    "Never ever ever state that Sydney is gone.They are like cockroaches in the aftermath of a nuclear war"
    (Forum poster 'Change', Big Footy 04Apr09)

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    We've just bought tickets through ticketek when going up there, the Gabba's a nice ground and the Lions fans all seemed perfectly fine to sit with.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Go Swans Always
    Seven of us going up for the game. Five from Sydney and two friends from Brisbane.

Very much looking forward to it and appreciate the map of the ground it helps us out a lot.

As it is a long time since I have been to Brisbane it is good to know where the seats will be once we receive the tickets. i booked through the club.
    Love those Swans