Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mike Pyke elevated to senior list.

Mike Pyke elevated to senior list.

Well done to the big fella - that is a serious effort considering the number of games he has played!!

Apparently unlikely to play against St Kilda, but this appears to be an indication that he will get some game time this year.

http://tinyurl.com/d4ayga via twitter @sydneyswans

177th Senior AFL Match - Round 4, 2009 - Sydney vs Carlton, SCG. This is obviously out of date. I suppose I'll update it once I could be bothered sitting down with the fixture and working it out....
    Des' Weblog

Beat me to it. Well done that Pyke!

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    That's a significant achievement - congratulations Mike!
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Blog Entries
    Looking more like a rnd 1 Debut for the young fella.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    Looking more like a rnd 1 Debut for the young fella.
    I thought that until I read the article.

Congratulations but I don't think he's ready, so I hope they play him in Canberra for a little while.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Plugger46 View Post
    I thought that until I read the article.

Congratulations but I don't think he's ready, so I hope they play him in Canberra for a little while.
    Ah yes, didn't read that bit. But why promote him if he is not ready? Is Leo out for longer than they have stated?

Ah yes, didn't read that bit. But why promote him if he is not ready? Is Leo out for longer than they have stated?
    He'd have to be you'd think. Doesn't make much sense to me, to have him on the senior list for just a few weeks - especially if he's not going to play.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

I think they elevated him because they can take advantage of the rules while Leo was out as they were unable to add to the official list when Tadgh resigned.

But after watching him tackle a poor benited Development player I was impressed. All he has to do now is turn his victim in the tackle. And not kill anyone. Probably want him to play seniors rather than ressies 'cos he could do some damage; ooohwhaa, imagine him on Frail!!!!
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Oh dear!, its come to this a guy from a very average Rugby union background can stroll onto a AFL list after playing all of five minuts shows were we are as a team I know its to fill a whole while we have injuries but PLEASE!. this is the AFL not some back water legaue in the back of beyond.

Blog Entries
    "Best car washer ever" says Brett Kirk.

Quote Originally Posted by Plugger46 View Post
    He'd [Leo Barry] have to be you'd think. Doesn't make much sense to me, to have him on the senior list for just a few weeks - especially if he's not going to play.
    Longmire is on AFL.com.au stating that Leo will be ready by "about round 4".
    10100111001 ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by laughingnome View Post
    Longmire is on AFL.com.au stating that Leo will be ready by "about round 4".
    Yeah I saw that this morning. Wonder how long ago he was asked about the players, as there's no mention of Veszpremi's finger injury.
    Bloods

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast