Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Lets play the Kids Roosy !!

Do we have a young small defender with some pace? If so, get them in now.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Looks like the 2007 draft might have been a bit of a winner.
    After all your talk about not judging drafties for at least 3-4 years..
    I also thought he aquitted himself well, but that's a big (premature)statement after just 1 game.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    After all your talk about not judging drafties for at least 3-4 years..
    I also thought he aquitted himself well, but that's a big (premature)statement after just 1 game.
    And I stand by that. Which is why I said it "might" not that it "was".

Signs are that we have 3 senior players out of that draft. How much of a "winner" the draft is viewed to be in several years time will partly depend on how Vez shapes up long term compared to, say, Grimes (who was the alternative they strongly considered) and Rioli (who many on here have hailed as a lost opportunity) and how Meredith goes compared especially to Otten (taken the next pick, apparently the one they tossed up against Meredith, and who played a pretty handy game on Friday for the Crows).

Regular in the Side
    Meredith seems to have good awareness and I thought his debut was excellent. Meantime, Bird just seems to get better. He's one of our future stars in my opinion - just so calm and composed.

Bird is going to be an absolute star of the future no doubt just watch him get better and better.

Meredith showed good signs today, really good composure, decision making and disposal.

Gundy is also starting to look like he belongs in the side really begining to play with confidence i liked him up forward last week and i liked him down back this week.

White was blooody awesome!!!!

Cant wait for Vezzy to get back and that forms a good group of inxperienced players getting a few games under their belt add Jack and Moore from last year and our best 22 is getting younger while still winning games.

Meredith...

Was it just me or did he have a great game lastnight..impressed me
    Last edited by thejones,s; 5th April 2009 at 09:19 PM. Reason: wrong spelling

He understands the game of footy and he had a good first up game. Had a couple of assists and layoffs that resulted in goals. Was bumped by every backmen that came near him or picked him up. Was not the agressor just got on with chasing the footy. Road the bumps and got on with footy. Well done.

Yes he had a good game.

No nerves that we evident.

No change for next week. Enjoy game 2

IMO!

Rod_

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    And I stand by that. Which is why I said it "might" not that it "was".

Signs are that we have 3 senior players out of that draft. How much of a "winner" the draft is viewed to be in several years time will partly depend on how Vez shapes up long term compared to, say, Grimes (who was the alternative they strongly considered) and Rioli (who many on here have hailed as a lost opportunity) and how Meredith goes compared especially to Otten (taken the next pick, apparently the one they tossed up against Meredith, and who played a pretty handy game on Friday for the Crows).
    So to follow your lead....AT THIS STAGE we MIGHT conclude the 2007 draft was one of missed opportunities for the swans.
    Rioli is miles ahead of Vespa...
    Otten has looked good in both I've seen him play and will probably end up a kp player.
    Meredith has looked pretty good in one game.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Suspended by the MRP reigning premier's Avatar
    Is that the truth?? Or did you read it in the Telegraph?

Brett Meredith - Report card

In all the excitement over such a significant win, we've all overlooked the debut of Brett Meredith.

Comments everyone?

I thought he debuted well. Was not overawed but the situation and showed a lot of poise when the pressure was on. His disposal was, for a first gamer, exquisite and on only one occassion did he not take the right option. His pass to Malceski was superb and his one-two combination handballs with McVeigh in the 3rd quarter was beautiful to watch (Only spoiled by McVeigh missing his target!! )

IMO, a real prospect that will come on very, very quickly.

Meredith looked a really nice player on saturday night but I recall a young fellow called barlow doing similar against Brisbane a couple of seasons ago (and the resulting plaudits as the next goodes).

Lets not get ahead of ourselves and please put the knives away if the performance isnt so impressive next week.

White looked good against a non existent ruck (albeit a theoretically more experienced opponent in Renouf) but the more important thing was his hardness around the ground. He is one solid unit.

Jack, Moore and Bird continue to develop. All played well on the night. I think some on here have been a little hard on these three in the match thread. Jack is a tagger. If his opponent gets thirty possessions then he can be bought to account but if the greatest criticism is his low possession rate then I think your barking up the wrong tree.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789