Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sydney AFL Game Day - 4-5 April (cancellation & fixture change thread)

Quote Originally Posted by Pace To Burn View Post
    I live about 500 Mtrs from Harrington Park Oval and you could easy play footy there tomorrow, i walked on my front lawn this arvo in bear feet and didnt have a bit of water on my feet
    Bears have paws.

Centre Half Orange Cutter

Thumbs down

Just because Ern Holmes got closed and Penno had to travel to the pristine Bruce Purser Oval didnt mean they had to leave the silverware at home too...or was that a sign of over-confidence?

SAFLPhotos.com.au
    they certainly looked off yesterday and the eagles looked ready to bring it from the get go, was a good game though
    AFL Sydney Official Photographer - SAFLPhotos.com.au

Senior Player
    Great win today by the Saints over Uni.

Have to wonder how Uni will go this year though given their focal point up forward was only good enough for second division last year.
    Karmas a bitch like that.

Glad to see the umpires havnt changes though. Declan gets a king hit directly infront of an umpire late in the second quarter and no report .

Almost Football Legend
    We're seeing a step back to tradition with St George back in their red and white strips - which I thought looked good. Having lost a lot of players over the off-season, I thought the Dragons would struggle to build a cohesive side early in the season; but they could be a surprise packet this season.
    They showed a lot of character to twice come back from 4 goals down to hit the front just before 3/4 time then shut Sydney Uni down in the last quarter.
    McBride's been around for a couple of years, but some of the new talls on the forward line looked like good prospects.

This week's Sydney AFL report is now online.

What did you all think of the first round of footy? Any major surprises? Although there's still a long way to go, are there any teams you're wondering if you've underestimated or you wonder if they're going to go as well as you'd previously thought?
    Last edited by Norris Lurker; 6th April 2009 at 12:05 AM. Reason: correct link

Follow me on Twitter - @tealfooty

Centre Half Orange Cutter
    After reading the report it is good to see the saints still strong after losing an exodus of players to wests, however i dont think penno were victims of weather at all, as Bruce Purser was virtually dry under foot all but the cricket pitch, and it didnt rain for the entire day. UNSW as expected flourished rd 1 with Abbott carrying on last years form, they will be a team to be reckoned with again. the one that got me thought was watching campbelltown obliterate balmain. thought it would be much closer than that and actually tipped balmain to get up, Kershaw easily best on ground and looks like having a great year.
    As the great man said..."Yibbida Yibbida"

On the Rookie List
    eagles were in top form in saturdays match. good to see them get one up on penno, although i thought it would have been closer since it was a rematch of last years grandfinal. penno seemed extremely flat.
    Shocked by campbelltown's thrashing of balmain. thought that would have been a lot close too.

Quote Originally Posted by tara View Post
    Great win today by the Saints over Uni.

Have to wonder how Uni will go this year though given their focal point up forward was only good enough for second division last year.
    Karmas a bitch like that.
    You are truly pathetic. Maybe you could come down and do the selections for Uni because you are so knowledgeable about everything?

Senior Player
    No student Pathetic is abusing a loophole in the system like you did last year.

Pathetic is sending invitations to talented kids all over Sydney and inviting them to join the "Collingwood Under 18 Acadamey".

Pathetic is deliberately chasing flags in second division despite having more than enough numbers to compete in first division.

Pathetic is havig your players, support staff and supporters abusing sides in the western suburbs calling them junkies etc when theres methadone clinics on every street corner in your area.

Pathetic is accusing us of bullying your team in second division for years when the reality is we only competed there for two years and only for the reason of rebuilding and the fact we were lucky to field one senior team not the two needed to play in division 1.

Almost Football Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelvettas View Post
    they certainly looked off yesterday and the eagles looked ready to bring it from the get go, was a good game though
    Welcome to RWO Michael.

Let us know when you've got some pic galleries online. Love your work.

Follow me on Twitter - @tealfooty

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by tara View Post
    No student Pathetic is abusing a loophole in the system like you did last year.

Pathetic is sending invitations to talented kids all over Sydney and inviting them to join the "Collingwood Under 18 Acadamey".

Pathetic is deliberately chasing flags in second division despite having more than enough numbers to compete in first division.

Pathetic is havig your players, support staff and supporters abusing sides in the western suburbs calling them junkies etc when theres methadone clinics on every street corner in your area.

Pathetic is accusing us of bullying your team in second division for years when the reality is we only competed there for two years and only for the reason of rebuilding and the fact we were lucky to field one senior team not the two needed to play in division 1.
    No argument with any of that Tara. I always found that Manly were the best at bringing out the old "western suburbs" bigotry myself, but there you go

I would like to think that you're mistaken when you assert that Sydney Uni accused another club of bullying them, because given that club's delight in smashing teams of far lesser ability for years it would be the ultimate in irony.

You must have gotten your wires crossed.

Senior Player
    DLH below is a quote from the Collingwood thread straight from Students Keyboard. I do believe that he is accusing us of bullying the poor uni students.

"The reason we have had two or three Second Divison sides is because a great number of our players in the lower grades have never played before. What would be the point of putting a team of predominantly first year footballers into First Divison when clubs like South West and Nor West before them get away with bullying sides in Second Div and carrying on like they invented football?"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast