Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sydney AFL Game Day - 4-5 April (cancellation & fixture change thread)

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by tara View Post
    DLH below is a quote from the Collingwood thread straight from Students Keyboard. I do believe that he is accusing us of bullying the poor uni students.

"The reason we have had two or three Second Divison sides is because a great number of our players in the lower grades have never played before. What would be the point of putting a team of predominantly first year footballers into First Divison when clubs like South West and Nor West before them get away with bullying sides in Second Div and carrying on like they invented football?"
    I can relate to what Student is saying here, I'd say that close to half of our players this year have never played before, so it can be pretty difficult under those circumstances.

Having said that, if you substitute "Sydney Uni" for "South West and Nor West", you get a pretty accurate reflection of what went on for probably a decade before they were promoted, especially in Div 1 reserves.

Perhaps Student wasn't around, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by DLH View Post
    I can relate to what Student is saying here, I'd say that close to half of our players this year have never played before, so it can be pretty difficult under those circumstances.

Having said that, if you substitute "Sydney Uni" for "South West and Nor West", you get a pretty accurate reflection of what went on for probably a decade before they were promoted, especially in Div 1 reserves.

Perhaps Student wasn't around, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt

You might accept that but we are all in the same boat in respect to new players learning the ropes but to have Archer and Co playing second div is a joke.

So I take it your not a Sydney Uni fan then Tara?

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    About as much as the next bloke Bert.

Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    Sydney Uni are such big fans of themselves, they don't need outsiders.

As soon as they admit that developing the game isn't their objective and confess they just want the silverware, I will give them a bit more respect.

Student can't bring himself to say it...and I doubt if any others from the hallowed halls can either.

Quote Originally Posted by tara View Post
    You might accept that but we are all in the same boat in respect to new players learning the ropes but to have Archer and Co playing second div is a joke.
    Yeah, the Second Div sides were totally stacked - it was a cunning plan hatched by the executive at the club... run 6th in the Premier Division and win the Second Div GF - which we did of course, and by heaps!

Daniel played about half of the season and only when his coaching duties permitted. Now that he is no longer coaching, he is able to focus solely on playing which will be a good thing for our young Premier Division side because he is a very experienced footballer and a top class bloke.

Tell me, you're not still upset about the game at St. Paul's last year, are you? Because in reality, our club has little to do with yours and you carry a bit of a grudge which I find perplexing.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by The Student View Post
    Yeah, the Second Div sides were totally stacked - it was a cunning plan hatched by the executive at the club... run 6th in the Premier Division and win the Second Div GF - which we did of course, and by heaps!

Daniel played about half of the season and only when his coaching duties permitted. Now that he is no longer coaching, he is able to focus solely on playing which will be a good thing for our young Premier Division side because he is a very experienced footballer and a top class bloke.

Tell me, you're not still upset about the game at St. Paul's last year, are you? Because in reality, our club has little to do with yours and you carry a bit of a grudge which I find perplexing.
    No 15 years of the same @@@@ from your club to be honest. Last year only reinforced it - the year before to have your President deliberately goad players for a response and threatening to cite players in an attempt in his words to have our players rubbed our for finals pretty much made my mind up.

On the Rookie List
    off topic much??

Quote Originally Posted by red&whiteSINNER View Post
    off topic much??
    Maybe they should keep talking about last weeks fixture changes?

SAFLPhotos.com.au
    Quote Originally Posted by Norris Lurker View Post
    Welcome to RWO Michael.

Let us know when you've got some pic galleries online. Love your work.
    Thanks mate, everything is online now at SportingPulse Homepage for Sydney AFL and Sydney AFL Photos which links the full galleries to Michael Vettas Photography Photos Store.

I will try to get about 20-30 on the SportingPulse Homepage for Sydney AFL site straight after the match then the full galleries by the sunday night or monday depending if i had a few games to go to.
    AFL Sydney Official Photographer - SAFLPhotos.com.au

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123