Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Jesse White

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...ideoid=4684829

Stumbled across this link, nifty little clip of Jesse dunking a ball in a relatively amusing way a couple of years ago; gives an idea of just how athletic Jesse is (and that he's always been a showman!). For anyone wondering- yes, that would be fairly hard to do.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Veterans List
    Needa a lot more game time. A wasted asset as far as I am concerned.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...ideoid=4684829

Stumbled across this link, nifty little clip of Jesse dunking a ball in a relatively amusing way a couple of years ago; gives an idea of just how athletic Jesse is (and that he's always been a showman!). For anyone wondering- yes, that would be fairly hard to do.
    Very cool - good spot!

Suspended by the MRP reigning premier's Avatar
    Is that the truth?? Or did you read it in the Telegraph?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Needa a lot more game time. A wasted asset as far as I am concerned.
    Yep. Not quite coming on like he needs to. Will be under a lot of pressure by the end of teh year if he doesn't improve.

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by reigning premier View Post
    Yep. Not quite coming on like he needs to. Will be under a lot of pressure by the end of teh year if he doesn't improve.
    I disagree - he is showing some great signs and you can't expect a player like Jesse to be an immediate star. Is doing very nicely and the only way we would lose him is if he returns to the Gold Coast - hope not!

Blog Entries
    I assumed it was sarcastic!
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline

Quote Originally Posted by reigning premier View Post
    Yeah, that has to be sarcastic remark! He may look like a bloke, but he is in fact a kid! And a kid in training as a ruckman at that. I don't see Jolls being as good as he is now at the age of 21! Safe as houses IMO. Not on the list.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Next season I'd like to see him in the forward line and Pyke as backup ruckman, Currie doing cameos to start with in ruck and forward.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    Yeah, that has to be sarcastic remark! He may look like a bloke, but he is in fact a kid! And a kid in training as a ruckman at that. I don't see Jolls being as good as he is now at the age of 21! Safe as houses IMO. Not on the list.
    Just going on stats it's actually pretty interesting,
    Jesse: 12.8 hitouts, 6.1 disposals, 0.6 goals (this season)
    Darren: 5.6 hitouts, 4.8 disposals, 0.4 goals (2nd season since debut)
    Darren:13.7 hitouts, 7.3 disposals, 0.2 goals (3rd season @ Jesse's age now)

So Jesse is well in front on stats alone on Darren's second season (they appear to have had a fairly similar run of a handful of games in their debut season then a heap the following season) and is just about around the same mark as Darren's season when he was 21. A quick scan suggests that in Darren's 3rd season where his numbers went up quite a bit Jeff White missed half a dozen games and it looks like Darren took first ruck, I can't be bothered looking into whether that caused a big spike in his stats for those games or not.

Veteran Site Admin
    Problem with comparing stats on that basis for a ruckman is that it ignores TOG. I know Nico, in particular, has been arguing how underused White has been in terms of minutes of each game he's actually got to play, but Jolly hardly got a run at all when Jeff White was the main man down at Demonland.

Blog Entries
    Certainly liz, but in this case I'm kind of assuming that Darren's minimal game time probably averaged out to around the same mark as Jesse's current minimal game time during that period; and I'm looking at it more as comparing two backup ruckmen and not trying to suggest at all that Darren was the top flight ruckman (apart possibly from in the 6 games that Jeff missed).

My understanding (based on a work colleague who was a keen Demons fan, big Jolly lover and furious at the time of the trade) was that the frustration with opportunities/limited game time was primarily in the final season that Darren was at Melbourne, with the logic being that he earnt better playing time during his 3rd season and the coaching staff failed to capitalize on it. He only played 7 games in his last season with Melbourne averaging 3.4 disposals and 6.3 hitouts in presumably little game time.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    I would also take into account:
    - The Swans contest more ball ups than any other club.
    - White's hitouts were inflated when we played Hawthorn the first time around, when they were using Mitch Thorp as their 2nd ruck.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast