Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Leo and magic

Magic will be fine. One of his biggest strengths is his ability to read the ball better than his opponent, rather than outpace them. The first thing I think of when I picture Micky is a high ball coming in one on one, Magic leading his opponent under the ball, before doubling back and collecting it as it bounces past, leaving his opponent for dead. To me, it is his signature move. Steve Johnson is another player who does this well and often. It doesn't rely on pace, which is how Magic has been able to continue to make contributions well after his knees rusted over, so to speak, and he lost his pace.

Leo will be a handy depth player this year, but his best is long past. Still useful, still has a role to play, but will be a handy fringe player at best.
    Officially on the Reid and Sumner bandwagon!

Instead of starting a new thread, I decided to bring up this ol;d chestnut to raise my question(s). What does everyone think now?(After our loss to Freo), Is there a spot for Leo Barry in our backline? Would he help with creating run off of half back/full back? Would he be useful on a third string forward? Your thoughts people. Me? I would have him back any day of the week and twice on Sundays. I LUV YOU LEO!!!!!(in a non sexual, man crush kind of way )

Quote Originally Posted by johnno View Post
    Instead of starting a new thread, I decided to bring up this ol;d chestnut to raise my question(s). What does everyone think now?(After our loss to Freo), Is there a spot for Leo Barry in our backline? Would he help with creating run off of half back/full back? Would he be useful on a third string forward? Your thoughts people. Me? I would have him back any day of the week and twice on Sundays. I LUV YOU LEO!!!!!(in a non sexual, man crush kind of way )
    I think he is past it.
    Does God believe in Atheists?

double vodka lemon pls
    I still have not seen the game (fell hook line and sinker to a charity $2 drinks night and took full advantage) so maybe should not comment...but I still think Leo and Magic will be too slow....

Leo does not think quickly enough and the game is only getting faster...
    Magic..well as much as I love the guy and I do...I just think its game over...the young guys are just working into consistancy and as soon as they get that you will all agree its curtans for MOL..but boy he will get the most massive standing ovation from me...
    you know what they say, dirty pants- clean botty

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty13 View Post
    Spot on there Nico. LRT is a superstar
    Mate, LRT has played one good game in his career, the 05 GF.. but what else has he done..not alot. i just reckon he hasnt shined, developed, what ever you want to call it. His decision making isnt good, neither are his ball skills.

He is of good size, but whenever he has the ball and is under pressure in that backline.. it worrys me, he either turns it over or gives away a free kick. A bit like Leo these days. but ill give leo the benifit of the doubt coz hes a favourite

Cant wait for mickey O to get back in the side. However i think they should rest hall for another game or 2. i remember him in 07 when his groin was no good.. it didnt help much at all... all those goals he missed. I think the groin had a bit to do with it.

thanks
    chris

Majic will get bak in the side no problems just plonk him in the goal square and as 4 Leo IMO he is finished.
    Now this is a thread that i would expect on the ego -centric, wank session that is redandwhiteonline.com...
    MAD
    Pushin Limits

The MOL is finished.

Way too slow on the lead to take a mark and relies more and more on pushing out in the contest to get the crumbs. With the extra scrutiny on pushing now we will see him play little role in the forward line other than taking a good defender. He mainly leads to the boundary where he (or anyone) has a low conversion.

The General remains the most misunderstood and underappreciated player at our club. He has held the baclkline together for 7-8 years, and is a great leader - that is why he was chosen as Co-Captain by those in the know.

Our backline deficiencies on Saturday night will have Leo proving yet again that he is still a key player for us. Certainly he shouldn't have to take the key defender with Bolton in good form, and may even go up forward, where his versatility, hardness and speed will create far more problems for defenders than The MOL.
    "As a player he simply should not have been able to do the things he did. Leo was a 185cm, 88kg full-back and played on some of the biggest, fastest and best full-forwards of all time, and constantly beat them." Roos.
    Leo Barry? you star! We'll miss ya, ''Leapin''.

That would be interesting wouldn't it? playing Leo up forward. If I'm not mistaken, he started his career at the swans as a forward.

If MickyO comes back this week and plays every week, how long before he reaches his 300? Will he do it this year?

(Sorry folks, haven't got time to look it up.)
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    If MickyO comes back this week and plays every week, how long before he reaches his 300? Will he do it this year?

(Sorry folks, haven't got time to look it up.)
    14 games v Richmond at the 'G

PS: He also needs 3 goals for 500!!

PPS: Jude needs 1, to get to 100 goals.

Quote Originally Posted by Bear View Post
    The MOL is finished.

Way too slow on the lead to take a mark and relies more and more on pushing out in the contest to get the crumbs. With the extra scrutiny on pushing now we will see him play little role in the forward line other than taking a good defender. He mainly leads to the boundary where he (or anyone) has a low conversion.

The General remains the most misunderstood and underappreciated player at our club. He has held the baclkline together for 7-8 years, and is a great leader - that is why he was chosen as Co-Captain by those in the know.

Our backline deficiencies on Saturday night will have Leo proving yet again that he is still a key player for us. Certainly he shouldn't have to take the key defender with Bolton in good form, and may even go up forward, where his versatility, hardness and speed will create far more problems for defenders than The MOL.
    Disagree with most of that.

I'm expecting O'Loughlin to go reasonably well (30-40 goals if he plays all of the remaining games).

I'm not expecting all that much out of Leo. I think he'll battle with the limited preparation more than Micky.

Only time will tell but I reckon the club will regret signing Leo for another year.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Regular in the Side
    I wouldn't write MOL off yet. He may be older but he's no less mercurial.

He and Leo can both still play an onfield role of leadership and experience - for this season at least. Craig Bolton has carried a huge burden while Leo has been out injured.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast