Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Leo and magic

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    14 games v Richmond at the 'G

PS: He also needs 3 goals for 500!!

PPS: Jude needs 1, to get to 100 goals.
    I hope to Budda he makes it to 300 games. Does he have room to skip a week or so he can do it at home?
    I hope he kicks his 500th this weekend.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Come on Leo-bashers and MOL-lovers, I expected a much bigger reaction...
    "As a player he simply should not have been able to do the things he did. Leo was a 185cm, 88kg full-back and played on some of the biggest, fastest and best full-forwards of all time, and constantly beat them." Roos.
    Leo Barry? you star! We'll miss ya, ''Leapin''.

On the Rookie List
    Suppose we will have to wait and see on Leo. I am sure that there will be a spot for him. I totally agree with Bear though, he has been the general down the back for so many years and really does direct traffic out there on the ground, but is continually bagged. Obviously highly respected by coaches and players to have been captain. I hope he can get back playing. Only time will tell. Leo has been out for 9 weeks now - MOL nearly 6 months. Fingers-crossed they can both get back in the team and finish off well. They both deserve it.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    Suppose we will have to wait and see on Leo. I am sure that there will be a spot for him. I totally agree with Bear though, he has been the general down the back for so many years and really does direct traffic out there on the ground, but is continually bagged. Obviously highly respected by coaches and players to have been captain. ...
    Think he could make a good coach?
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

I can remember thinking during the game on that huge ground last Saturday that the players really run their guts out nowadays...the galloping gasometer would be useless..and I thought specifically of Leo as Our poor old backline was gettinghammered.

And I thought if his knees feel anything like mine the amount of running would seriously test him....the game has really changed. Leo would be able to cope if hewas ypunger but I can almost hear the knees creaking from here as he makes a dash downfield.

MOL's game doesn't revolve around dashes downfield.
    "The Dog days are over, The Dog days are gone" Florence and the Machine

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123