Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Barry Hall Injury

Give Johnston a run!

More realistically, Pyke/Currie to debut, and White to go forward, or (most likely) Barlow to come in and play KP.
    Officially on the Reid and Sumner bandwagon!

Hey, if Currie is not injured and is ready to go, put the boy on. He has to be played sooner rather than later.

Goes up to 11
    Move Goodsey to Full Forward. Leave Jesse as the 2nd ruckman - he did a pretty good job there last weekend.

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    Move Goodsey to Full Forward. Leave Jesse as the 2nd ruckman - he did a pretty good job there last weekend.
    That will leave us with only 21.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Quote Originally Posted by msb View Post
    I think gone are the days where we need bazza to play to have a win, it was proved last year when we won a few games without him. Roosy has said he will be out for 1 at the most, so rest him if he's not 100%. Put White at FF as the replacement.
    Yeah that true but last year we had MOL to take the best defender and kick a couple.

I think White will have to go forward as will Grundy Currie/Pyke in and maybe throw Malcheski up forwad again i liked his game on the weekend.

As well as rotate Goodes through

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by UglyDuckling View Post
    Yeah that true but last year we had MOL to take the best defender and kick a couple.

I think White will have to go forward as will Grundy Currie/Pyke in and maybe throw Malcheski up forwad again i liked his game on the weekend.

As well as rotate Goodes through
    And Jolly, depending how much bench time he needs.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

It could be ROK's time for redemption. He looked out of form last week, but he kicked straight enough. He's played FF before and done it well.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Quote Originally Posted by jdow View Post
    Are you serious Pyke is'nt anywhere near AFL ready didn't you see what Jolly did on the weekend to a kid who was raised playing footy, let alone some hack from half way around the world.
    That's because Hawthorn had the misfortune of having one ruckman, you can't compare what Hawthorn went though because they didn't have a fall back plan to us calling Pyke into the side as a 2nd ruckman because he would of stood out on Saturday Night.

While Pyke as inexpirenced as he would be, would be a far better option to run though the 2nd Ruck position because he is a ruckman than anyother player on our list that is match fit if we move White to the Forward line for the entire match.

Its far better than bringing Barlow into the side
    Once was, now elsewhere

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'd rather bring in Currie than Pyke, assuming Currie's match fit etc. I have nothing against Pyke but I'd like someone who at a pinch can get shoved in the goal square.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

"Roos said he was hopeful Hall will play against the Lions and had planned ahead for the game with him in the side.

"Barry is getting better, as you would expect, but it is something you have to look at day by day," Roos said.

"At this stage, we are planning for him to play.

"But you always have a plan B in case he doesn't, but we will be aware if he isn't fit and what we have to do to cover for him."

This is the latest on Hall from Roos. He sounds optimistic that Hall will play.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheer Squad View Post
    But you always have a plan B
    Sure you do.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12