Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Kirk cited....AND CLEARED..to play at least - but still gouged by the AFL

The replay of the incident was played "on the couch" Little doubt the contact was initiated by Mitchell illegally trying to break Kirk's tag; also little doubt that if Kirk gets a suspension the Swans will load up their QC who will get Kirk off and leave the AFL with rotten eggs splattered all over their collective dials. I'm lining up for the first toss.
    Pay peanuts get monkeys

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Royboy View Post
    The replay of the incident was played "on the couch" Little doubt the contact was initiated by Mitchell illegally trying to break Kirk's tag; also little doubt that if Kirk gets a suspension the Swans will load up their QC who will get Kirk off and leave the AFL with rotten eggs splattered all over their collective dials. I'm lining up for the first toss.
    This sounds about right to me. Stupid/short-sighted to cite Kirk without Mitchell.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Quote Originally Posted by Old Royboy View Post
    Yep, our QC will have little difficulty beating this rap going on his past victories.
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Just saw the incident on Foxsports. What a load of garbage! Kirk will get off.
    Swannies for life!

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    I saw that at the game and thought he would get a fine ala Goodes.

Is it too early to suggest that its just the afl after the swans again...? Bugger it lets run with that anyway.
    He ate more cheese, than time allowed

Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    ....for contact with an umpire.

Just reported on Fox Sports News.

Anybody heard?
    Will he be OK?

Is there penicillin he can take as a precaution?

Grubby filthy things those umpires.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

James Hird (On the Couch) reckons there's nothing in it and Kirky should be fine. Accident.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

A Blood to the bootstraps The Boot's Avatar
    20 minutes walk to my seat on O'Reilly wing.
    Didnt Amon hit the chamberpot dwarf last week in the Saints match, and was a citing issued then? Same same as far as I can see ..
    Good men do good deeds. Evil men do evil deeds. But it takes religion for a good man to do evil deeds.

On the veteran's list
    Heard Adrian Anderson on 3AW. He says that players have been told not to set up for bounces behind the umpire otherwise they will be deemed to be reckless if they make contact with the umpire. (Bit hard when Kirk is tagging Mitchell to set up anywhere else).

However Anderson did say that if Kirk pleads guilty he will be given a reprimand, points and a fine. The question is, do the Swans take the safe way or try to overturn the whole thing (and leave nothing hanging over Kirk) but risk a suspension in the process?
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

Quote Originally Posted by The Boot View Post
    Didnt Amon hit the chamberpot dwarf last week in the Saints match, and was a citing issued then? Same same as far as I can see ..
    Completely different. Kirk was stupid being where he was, he is guilty.

Buchanan was running in general play when Chamberlain ran backwards into him.
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post

The worst is Motlop's suspension for striking Hunter. How can anybody be held accountable for belting Hunter ??? Give him a bonus I reckon.

This particular decision angered me. It shows how out of touch the MRP and the AFL are with the fans.

If bartlett wants to make a positive and worthwhile rule change that most people in the game will applaud, it would be to make not striking, kneeing, punching, elbowing Adam Hunter reportable.

Anyone who knows anything about footy (and human decency) would support such a rule. If you within 20m of Adam Hunter, you MUST strike him.

Think of all the soccor mums who would come back to the game if Hunter was removed from it.
    He had observed that people who did lie were, on the whole, more resourceful and ambitious and successful than people who did not lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Legs Akimbo View Post
    This particular decision angered me. It shows how out of touch the MRP and the AFL are with the fans.

If bartlett wants to make a positive and worthwhile rule change that most people in the game will applaud, it would be to make not striking, kneeing, punching, elbowing Adam Hunter reportable.

Anyone who knows anything about footy (and human decency) would support such a rule. If you within 20m of Adam Hunter, you MUST strike him.

Think of all the soccor mums who would come back to the game if Hunter was removed from it.
    Post of the year!!!!
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast