Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Kirk cited....AND CLEARED..to play at least - but still gouged by the AFL

Quote Originally Posted by Legs Akimbo View Post
    This particular decision angered me. It shows how out of touch the MRP and the AFL are with the fans.

If bartlett wants to make a positive and worthwhile rule change that most people in the game will applaud, it would be to make not striking, kneeing, punching, elbowing Adam Hunter reportable.

Anyone who knows anything about footy (and human decency) would support such a rule. If you within 20m of Adam Hunter, you MUST strike him.

Think of all the soccor mums who would come back to the game if Hunter was removed from it.
    Love it! How about another rule instructing all patrons sitting near the boundary to spit at Hunter if he comes within spitting distance.
    Occupational hazards:
    I don't eat animals since discovering this ability. I used to. But one day the lamb I was eating came through to me and ever since then I haven't been able to eat meat.
    - animal psychic Amanda de Warren

This particular decision angered me. It shows how out of touch the MRP and the AFL are with the fans.

If bartlett wants to make a positive and worthwhile rule change that most people in the game will applaud, it would be to make not striking, kneeing, punching, elbowing Adam Hunter reportable.

Anyone who knows anything about footy (and human decency) would support such a rule. If you within 20m of Adam Hunter, you MUST strike him.

Think of all the soccor mums who would come back to the game if Hunter was removed from it.
    How can anyone not agree with those thoughts??? get yourself on the rules committee Legs - we need you there!!!

As I said last year - had Baz have hit Hunter instead of Staker he would have been made Australian of the Year.
    I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..................
    Chickens drink - but they don't pee!
    AGE IS ONLY IMPORTANT FOR TWO THINGS - WINE & CHEESE!

Blog Entries
    This mornings papaer, says he will get 125 points, plead guilty, get the 25% discount, 93.75 which is a reprimand, and a $1950 fine for negligent contact.

Interesting that there are 2 others from the weekend, both copped $1950 fines only.
    Power (Bris)
    Monfries (Ess)

Legs!! Mate!!! Brilliant line of thought. Can we take up a petition to the AFL for this rule? Me first Me first. I'll sign. That W.A. Twerp....
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    For those who haven't seen it there's a video link in this article:

Kirk sent to tribunal over umpire clash - AFL - Fox Sports

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I was at the game on the weekend and so hadn't really spotted it, I saw the incident this morning on the news and really can't believe he has to front up to the tribunal over that.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Drummoyne..INNER WEST BABY!! (Bay 29 SCG)
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    For those who haven't seen it there's a video link in this article:

Kirk sent to tribunal over umpire clash - AFL - Fox Sports
    So what does Sam Mitchell get for pushing Kirk into his path? A pat on the back?
    Official Driver Of The "Who Gives A @@@@ As The Player Will Get Delisted Anyway" Bandwagon.

Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    I was at the game on the weekend and so hadn't really spotted it, I saw the incident this morning on the news and really can't believe he has to front up to the tribunal over that.
    Its worse than shooting Bambi! Don't the AFL know that Kirk is a nogo zone!
    Last edited by Primmy; 7th April 2009 at 12:28 PM.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I just don't get how that can still be refered based on video review, it seems like something that would be more reasonable to report him for during the game (because he did make contact) and then after watching the video say "oh, I see- let's let logic prevail!".
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

On the Rookie List

Gold...
    Well somebody told me, You had a boyfriend, Who looks like a girlfriend,That I had in February of last year, It's not confidential, I've got potential

Somebody told me, The Killers, Hot Fuss, 2004.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffers1984 View Post
    So what does Sam Mitchell get for pushing Kirk into his path? A pat on the back?
    Good point.

I think the swans should defend it.

Take it to the point where they are forced to change the rule to say that if you are PUSHED into the umpire (Goodesy was too), then the pusher cops a fine.

Otherwise, we're going to see one of these every week. They can't get us to tribunal any other way.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Bit late for April Fools isn't it?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast