Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Kirk cited....AND CLEARED..to play at least - but still gouged by the AFL

Senior Player
    156 games in a row. Currently the competition's consecutive games leader. An idiotic suspension is possibly the only way Mr Indestructible could be stopped. Surely by now they must realise he is not only tough and durable but also very FAIR.
    It's very hard to live in a studio apartment in San Jose with a man who's learning to play violin. That's what she told the police when she handed them the empty revolver.
    The Scarlatti Tilt - Richard Brautigan

Quote Originally Posted by snajik View Post
    156 games in a row. Currently the competition's consecutive games leader. An idiotic suspension is possibly the only way Mr Indestructible could be stopped. Surely by now they must realise he is not only tough and durable but also very FAIR.
    This sounds familiar ala Goodes last year. They were out to get him somehow.
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Senior Player
    Maybe he just wants to play his 200th at the SCG instead of the wastelands of Subi.
    It's very hard to live in a studio apartment in San Jose with a man who's learning to play violin. That's what she told the police when she handed them the empty revolver.
    The Scarlatti Tilt - Richard Brautigan

Quote Originally Posted by goswannie14 View Post
    Goodes deserved to go though, at least based on precedent. Kirk, on the other hand, doesn't deserve @@@@.
    Officially on the Reid and Sumner bandwagon!

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    Heard Adrian Anderson on 3AW. He says that players have been told not to set up for bounces behind the umpire otherwise they will be deemed to be reckless if they make contact with the umpire. (Bit hard when Kirk is tagging Mitchell to set up anywhere else).

However Anderson did say that if Kirk pleads guilty he will be given a reprimand, points and a fine. The question is, do the Swans take the safe way or try to overturn the whole thing (and leave nothing hanging over Kirk) but risk a suspension in the process?
    Swans need to take action on this. Take the AFL head on with this incident and highlight that A) It was in fact Mitchell who set up play behind the umpire, so he should be the one fined, and B) that it was Mitchell who actually pushed Brett Kirk into the umpire intentionally with the possibility of causing injury to the umpire.

If Barry Hall gets a bad wrap from the umpires next week in relation to frees, he should just pick his opponent up by the scruff of the neck and the seat of his pants, and throw him head first into the umpire's path thus getting his opponent reported.

Two birds with one stone!

Veterans List
    [QUOTE=Industrial Fan;432172]I saw that at the game and thought he would get a fine ala Goodes.
    QUOTE]

The Goodes incident happened right in front of me and it was the St Kilda player that pushed him into Chamberlain. So it wasn't even his fault!

Regular in the Side
    i just saw the footage and in my opinion it is extremely hard to see who actually makes contact with the umpire - they both seem to do it simultaneously ...

therefore shouldn't both players be up for the same charge?? it all seems so very unfair ... i hope they fight it and prove that kirk did nothing wrong!!

In The Apple Isle Cheer Squad mbr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by T-bag View Post
    If Barry Hall gets a bad wrap from the umpires next week in relation to frees, he should just pick his opponent up by the scruff of the neck and the seat of his pants, and throw him head first into the umpire's path thus getting his opponent reported.
    lol, I was just going to say, if in future we want to get a player suspended then all we need to do is push that player against an umpire.

It's so very dumbdie-dumb-dumb!

Perhaps the AFL want to put Kirky out of Brownlow Medal contention.
    "Two cities, One team, Together, Living the Dream."

Quote Originally Posted by goswannie14 View Post
    Goodes was out to get himself. He brought on all his troubles with cheap, stupid and petulant acts.

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheer Squad mbr View Post

Perhaps the AFL want to put Kirky out of Brownlow Medal contention.

imagine a player lost a brownlow over something like this, would be a sad day

Just through on Ch 10 news - Brett Kirk has been cleared (yikes - sprung watching Ch 10 news!)
    Occupational hazards:
    I don't eat animals since discovering this ability. I used to. But one day the lamb I was eating came through to me and ever since then I haven't been able to eat meat.
    - animal psychic Amanda de Warren

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast