3 4.17%
  • Dockers - between 20 and 39 points

1 1.39%
  • Dockers - 40 points or more

1 1.39%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Round 5 - Fremantle

Quote Originally Posted by johnno View Post
    Maybe someone can correct me if I'm wrong here, but I'm pretty sure this is going to be Kirk's 200th game. The swans put a high emphasis on milestone games, and if I'm right and it is Kirky's 200th, than the boys will well and truly lift for this game and win by over 10 goals. What odds would you get for the swans to win by this much?
    It is Kirk's 200th game and how fitting is it that he plays it on ANZAC DAY!!!He is a real workhorse and the leader of his men so the team that takes the field on Saturday betta pull the finger out and play for Kirky.
    At their last meeting we only scraped home by 4 points against the Dockers and they have been put under the pump ala Richmond (to a lesser degree) so it's not going to be a pushover for us.I think it will be a tough match so we better take a rugged troup over to WA.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by johnno View Post
    Maybe someone can correct me if I'm wrong here, but I'm pretty sure this is going to be Kirk's 200th game. The swans put a high emphasis on milestone games, and if I'm right and it is Kirky's 200th, than the boys will well and truly lift for this game and win by over 10 goals. What odds would you get for the swans to win by this much?
    Centrebet tonight..over 60..$8.10...over 100..$34

Regular in the Side
    I see this as a tough danger game. The Swans have only beaten Freo once at Subi, and that was way back in 1998. (They additionally won a game at the WACA in 1999).

Interestingly, last year Geelong lost just 2 games out of 25. The closest they went to a third loss was against Fremantle, at Subi, and on ANZAC day night, where they came from behind to achieve a miracle win. (The Swans of course had a similar Hudini like victory against the Dockers at the SCG in August). So if a side as strong as the 2008 Cats can struggle against Fremantle, that's a worry.

I had a dream last night we drew this game, I was following the updates here on RWO.

However I realized that the updates were incorrect, switched on the TV and instead we were getting hammered by Adelaide.

Not sure what that all means.....

A quote from my quokka "loving" brother when I asked him if he and his quokka loving friend would like to come out and watch the game on Saturday ... "I just don't know if I can bear it. They are the crappest they have ever been. I think I would prefer to have my eyes gouged out by a rusty nail than watch a Freo game right now."

Poor pet.

Seriously, for all the wowsers out there (me included), when you take a step back, we are in a far, far, far, far better position than a lot of the teams out there. We've been in two grannys, we've been in the finals forever (after the worst losing streak in the history of the world) and honestly, I reckon we'll be making the top 8 for a few years yet. Problem is, once you've drunk from that bloody premiership cup ... going back to cask wine is hard - ask the budgie criminals!!
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by jdow View Post
    Its a real danger game for the swans as Freo have been roasted in the media this week and Pav was set upon by a jurno on 7 which has been making headlines. I also heard on 6pr (I think) that they will making cds of that interview and giving it to all the players to listen to in there cars to from training. If they are going to breakthrough for a win it is now and if we start poorly again the game could be beyond us

I am picking a pumped up Freo by 30 plus and the down side is I will be there to see
    Don't they talk to Pav anymore? Bloods by 15. Watch out for the Bevanator on the forward line (replacing Moore front and centre of Jesse White) as he uncorks some Dom Perignon footy. The game plan will be long bombs into the forward square, big contest from White and the kid creating havoc at the spill of the ball. And for those who think he can't mark he will be placed in the forward line central channel to take the stong contested mark if they kick short.
    Bevo bandwagon driver

Quote Originally Posted by connolly View Post
    Don't they talk to Pav anymore? Bloods by 15. Watch out for the Bevanator on the forward line (replacing Moore front and centre of Jesse White) as he uncorks some Dom Perignon footy. The game plan will be long bombs into the forward square, big contest from White and the kid creating havoc at the spill of the ball. And for those who think he can't mark he will be placed in the forward line central channel to take the stong contested mark if they kick short.
    More likely he'll be given a tagging role on one of their small running defenders, while monty performs the heroics you talk of.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Quote Originally Posted by CJK View Post
    I had a dream last night we drew this game, I was following the updates here on RWO.

However I realized that the updates were incorrect, switched on the TV and instead we were getting hammered by Adelaide.

Don't drink Milo before you go to bed. Try some Jamieson's straight. We win the Grand Final every night.
    Bevo bandwagon driver

Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    More likely he'll be given a tagging role on one of their small running defenders, while monty performs the heroics you talk of.
    Its interesting that the named full forward line, which means admittedly nothing on the day, is the toughest since O'Brien lined up alongside Plugger. The named full forward line is interesting. The Bevanator, White and NOG are very strong in the contest, crunching tacklers and can take a good grab. They will match up very well against the all fur coat and no knickers last line defenders of Freo. As i said the indications are that the plan is to move it fast (Buchanon hopefully will played in the mids and hopefully has recovered his first five metres leg speed) into the central corridor and kick it long into the 15 to 25 metre forward line hot spot from the 55 - 60 metres arc. A good anti zoning strategy.
    Bevo bandwagon driver

as long as our boys dont go there thinking they are easy beats - all will be good - would prefer a right thrashing of the Dockers (for percentage purposes) but will be happy with a win - Swans by 26
    I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..................
    Chickens drink - but they don't pee!
    AGE IS ONLY IMPORTANT FOR TWO THINGS - WINE & CHEESE!

Quote Originally Posted by CJK View Post

I have also tipped a draw. Just got that gut feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by connolly View Post
    Its interesting that the named full forward line, which means admittedly nothing on the day, is the toughest since O'Brien lined up alongside Plugger. The named full forward line is interesting. The Bevanator, White and NOG are very strong in the contest, crunching tacklers and can take a good grab. They will match up very well against the all fur coat and no knickers last line defenders of Freo. As i said the indications are that the plan is to move it fast (Buchanon hopefully will played in the mids and hopefully has recovered his first five metres leg speed) into the central corridor and kick it long into the 15 to 25 metre forward line hot spot from the 55 - 60 metres arc. A good anti zoning strategy.
    Can't imagine we'll see both NOG and Bevo deep in the forward line at the same time too often. One of those 2 plus Thornton (Looks like he can take a grab) or Meredith or Barlow or a mid resting- ie Goodes.
    Swans by 48
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast