Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Brett Kirk - The King of Cool (article)

Quote Originally Posted by snajik View Post
    Nice story. However before these Chinese whispers become an urban myth I'm fairly certain that Brett's Dad was missing a hand and not an arm, apparently lost in a farming machinery accident as a child. A courageous half-back flanker from all accounts.

Let's hope we get to see Kirk the Younger running around in his Dad's #31 in years to come courtesy of the father / son rule.
    I believe you are correct - however that would still have stopped him carrying two carry cots - one each side - hence my assumption that he was the maternal grandfather.

Great Job snajik

Thank you for the significant effort in writing the wondeful article. I hope Brett gets to read how much we all appreciate who he is and what he represents.

great tribute to a great leader

Thankyou very much sir for a terrific piece on Kirky and his many achievements for the Swans.

I too have followed his career path from his first debut, his subsequent playing from the bench, delisting etc and wondered at this, because I thought he showed alot even then.

He is my favourite player as was Paul Kelly when he played. My favourite saying when Kirky is at his best on the bottom of the pack, in and out of tussles for the ball, or scoring a goal is " this man has no skills you know".

I congratulate him on this his 200 game and hope he plays on till the wheelchair comes and gets him. He certainly makes it worthwhile going to the game.

May I add also that it is so nice to read something so positive about one of the players who deserves his accolades and not the bitter and twisted posts found so often here. Fantastic!!!!

On the Rookie List Darren Thomson's Avatar
    well done indeed, and couldn't agree more with the comparison between Kirk and Kell. Both gutsy players, worth going jusy to see them run around

Paul Roos for PM

Brett Kirk

A tribute, that is great
    Kirk, highly with all does rate
    The best captain indeed
    All around the swan supporters, this would be agreed!

Bravo !
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Blog Entries
    I sense an addition to this great article coming on!!!!!!

A sad day for the Swans.
    A dud who grew into a champion player.

Please tell me someone is bringing this to the club for publishing - probably again - but surely they will put it on the website now! I see they've added a form to send tributes. Primmy - you seem to know everyone down there...
    Superman still wears Brett Kirk Pyjamas

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234