Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: RWO widely held beliefs

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark26 View Post
    I would like for there to be some rallying or organising force like the cove belting out one song after another. In my humble opinion, that's when the crowd can have an effect in creating that fortress-like atmosphere.
    There is more action in the AFL so no need to keep singing songs πŸ˜‰ . Only joking 😊.

I agree that it would be nice if we could create a hostile environment for the opposition. That's one thing we lack compared to Adelaide and Perth (don't want the constant booing of course). I'm sure our lacklustre performances at the SCG didn't help with the atmosphere.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    There is more action in the AFL so no need to keep singing songs πŸ˜‰ . Only joking 😊.

I agree that it would be nice if we could create a hostile environment for the opposition. That's one thing we lack compared to Adelaide and Perth (don't want the constant booing of course). I'm sure our lacklustre performances at the SCG didn't help with the atmosphere.
    Totally agree about the more action bit. A League games without the noise are a bit ho hum for me. The worst part is that you can be sitting with no scoring and few attacking raids for eighty minutes and then the one time you go to get a drink or visit the gents , someone scores.

We dont need all that singing just genuine cheering

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloody Hell View Post
    There are a few posters who have abnormal fascination with particular players.
    There sure were! Nutters!
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark26 View Post
    I would like for there to be some rallying or organising force like the cove belting out one song after another
    When I first started going to the SCG in the early 2000s, there was a gent with grey hair and glasses who would stand and get the clapping/chanting going when it was too quiet. He was often near the Brewongle concourse, if I remember right. Looked very mild-mannered, but made a great cheerleader! I often wonder what happened to him.

Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post
    When I first started going to the SCG in the early 2000s, there was a gent with grey hair and glasses who would stand and get the clapping/chanting going when it was too quiet. He was often near the Brewongle concourse, if I remember right. Looked very mild-mannered, but made a great cheerleader! I often wonder what happened to him.
    He's still there
    Chillin' with the strange Quarks

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post
    Peter Hartley is the man you may be thinking of - he was given a clubman award for attending every game in 2005 (?) I think, when he drove to Perth several times.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Untamed Snark View Post
    He's still there
    Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    Peter Hartley is the man you may be thinking of - he was given a clubman award for attending every game in 2005 (?) I think, when he drove to Perth several times.
    I knew someone here would know more My footy mates have a preference (not shared by me) for high in the Noble these days, so I don't see that area much anymore. Good to hear he's still there.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    Hatley.

Peter used to be a contributor here.
    He's a tops bloke.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567