Sydney has not drafted as well as some other clubs

And the list goes on and on and ...

Quote Originally Posted by ROK Lobster View Post
    Opinions can draw hysteriacal reactions on this site -

Some examples

Play the youngsters as yesterday's chanpuions wont win us another flag
    Ablett's pass to Cousins in the 05 GF could have been fatal
    However, yesterday's chanpuions are excellent lightly battered in a red wine sauce.

PS Show me where anyone, ever, including Luke Ablett, has denied that his across-goal pass that led to a mark and goal to Ben Cousins could have cost us the 2005 flag. (In exactly the same way that any passage of play that led to an opposition goal, or a chance at a Swans goal squandered, could have cost the flag in a game decided by less than a kick.) If that topic gets raised one more time to spuriously support any argument, I'll start calling any across-goals kick in defence in a final, the Straw Man Pass.

On the veteran's list
    Quote Originally Posted by ROK Lobster View Post
    Opinions can draw hysteriacal reactions on this site -

Some examples

Roos isn't a great coach
    Barlow hasn't knocked himself out therefore is not a true blood
    Ditto Malceski
    Play the youngsters as yesterday's chanpuions wont win us another flag
    Ablett's pass to Cousins in the 05 GF could have been fatal
    Barry Hall has not played consistently good footy since his poor 06 GF
    Players run the club
    Nick Davis was not managed well by the club
    Nick Davis was a game winner and we sadly lack game winners
    LRT is not a very good player
    B1, though courageous, is poorly skilled and plays some stinkers
    McViegh took longer than expected to mature as a footballer
    Sydney has not drafted as well as some other clubs

This post has a very mischievous similarity (although somewhat a corollary) to one I posted a few day's ago. I guess one man's myth is another man's reality.
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

Quote Originally Posted by SimonH View Post
    However, yesterday's chanpuions are excellent lightly battered in a red wine sauce.

PS Show me where anyone, ever, including Luke Ablett, has denied that his across-goal pass that led to a mark and goal to Ben Cousins could have cost us the 2005 flag. (In exactly the same way that any passage of play that led to an opposition goal, or a chance at a Swans goal squandered, could have cost the flag in a game decided by less than a kick.).
    Thats a bit cruel. You are referring here to the failure of Davo to even bend down and pick up the beautiful palm down that the future club President gave him in the last quarter of that game. He simply ran past the ball and made a buttered fingered air grab. Could have cost us the game. He gets an armchair ride from a dominant ruckman and fails to pick up. Fortunately for us Buchanon did get his head over the ball, picked it up in one grab and goaled. That passge of play put us in front and we were never headed. Thank christ for Ball and Buchanon. Able to deliver when the pressure was really on. The point is that one mistake isolated can give a distorted significance in the context of the whole game. We tend to remember the mistakes at the end of games. Or in the case of the Davo faithful, conveniently forget them.
    Bevo bandwagon driver

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by connolly View Post
    Thats a bit cruel. You are referring here to the failure of Davo to even bend down and pick up the beautiful palm down that the future club President gave him in the last quarter of that game. He simply ran past the ball and made a buttered fingered air grab. Could have cost us the game. He gets an armchair ride from a dominant ruckman and fails to pick up. Fortunately for us Buchanon did get his head over the ball, picked it up in one grab and goaled. That passge of play put us in front and we were never headed. Thank christ for Ball and Buchanon. Able to deliver when the pressure was really on. The point is that one mistake isolated can give a distorted significance in the context of the whole game. We tend to remember the mistakes at the end of games. Or in the case of the Davo faithful, conveniently forget them.
    Not to be too harsh on you connolly, I appreciate you are clearly a senile old man who thinks he's found something delightful to harp on, but is this perhaps a case of you rewriting history regarding Davo yet again? I direct you to 2:06 of the clip below; I could be mistaken, but I'm fairly certain that Davo never has an opportunity to fail to bend his back and pick up the ball as it never got past Buchanan and Davo was one man on from him.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgJ0Sn7cn3E
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    Not to be too harsh on you connolly, I appreciate you are clearly a senile old man who thinks he's found something delightful to harp on, but is this perhaps a case of you rewriting history regarding Davo yet again? I direct you to 2:06 of the clip below; I could be mistaken, but I'm fairly certain that Davo never has an opportunity to fail to bend his back and pick up the ball as it never got past Buchanan and Davo was one man on from him.
    And I thought I was tragic. I am a minnow amongst whales.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

I was sitting directly in front of that masive play in the GF.
    If was a carbon copy of the Ball to Davo tap in the Semi (and again Jolly to McVeigh 2 weeks ago).
    The players set up and Davo ran wide (I think as a decoy because all West Coast players had watched that Semi and were watching him).
    Bucky ran through the lne and bent it around.

The play was clearly a well practiced one and it is amazing that West Coast did not cover it after the Semi Final play was so well publicised.

Both Davo and Bucky did exactly what they trained for in that play and for that they get my eternal thanks and congratulations.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Davo played his role. He was the distractor and took Wirrpanda out of the play.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by SimonH View Post
    PS Show me where anyone, ever, including Luke Ablett, has denied that his across-goal pass that led to a mark and goal to Ben Cousins could have cost us the 2005 flag. (In exactly the same way that any passage of play that led to an opposition goal, or a chance at a Swans goal squandered, could have cost the flag in a game decided by less than a kick.) If that topic gets raised one more time to spuriously support any argument, I'll start calling any across-goals kick in defence in a final, the Straw Man Pass.
    Nice work...

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    I loved watching that clip. It almost reignited some of my lost passion for the game.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    Davo played his role. He was the distractor and took Wirrpanda out of the play.
    I stopped short of pointing that out, I didn't want to seem like a mindless Davo fan or anything

But since you mention it, Wirrpanda had the goal mouth covered and came forward at the stoppage- good defensive work. If Davo hadn't been there he would have been able to go straight to Buchy, and I dare say we may not have got that wonderful goal.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Fandom of Fabulousness Lucky Knickers's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The ROW Myth thread is the BEST THREAD EVA

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast