Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The St Kilda connection

pr. dim-melb; m not f

The St Kilda connection

This article by Garry Lyon is supposed to be about the way St Kilda has been able to get the best out of recycled players. In fact it has quite a bit to say about what Ross Lyon has brought to the club from Sydney. It misses one of the most outstanding jobs of recycling in Baz, but it's an interesting read all the same.
    Renewable energy - Experts - realfooty.com.au
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

I said at the time that Ross Lyons was going to go down there and take all of our "secrets" with him.

It's bloody obvious that he's done that, and done it much better.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    I said at the time that Ross Lyons was going to go down there and take all of our "secrets" with him.

Annie he hasnt done it better they dont have a premership we do
    Now this is a thread that i would expect on the ego -centric, wank session that is redandwhiteonline.com...
    MAD
    Pushin Limits

Quote Originally Posted by swantastic View Post
    Sweetie, I hate to point out the obvious, but we're not even a third into the comp this year.

St Kilda will be there for sure this year.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Sweetie, I hate to point out the obvious, but we're not even a third into the comp this year.

St Kilda will be there for sure this year.
    mayb,mayb not lets just wait and see.
    Now this is a thread that i would expect on the ego -centric, wank session that is redandwhiteonline.com...
    MAD
    Pushin Limits

Fandom of Fabulousness Lucky Knickers's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Truer words never spoken yada yada yada

Sometimes it takes the spectre of an unfulfilled career to snap them into action.
    And once a player feels that his team or coach no longer has the unshakeable faith in him to contribute to the team, the internal demons can wreak havoc.
    And there is also little doubt that players can get pigeonholed at a club, both by coaching groups and supporters.
    Once a player finds himself in the gun it can be almost impossible to work his way back into favour.

Just wait and see with St Kilda cause they have tendancy to implode within.

Excuse me!? Start drinking less and you might remember more.
    Occupational hazards:
    I don't eat animals since discovering this ability. I used to. But one day the lamb I was eating came through to me and ever since then I haven't been able to eat meat.
    - animal psychic Amanda de Warren

On the Rookie List Darren Thomson's Avatar

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by swantastic View Post
    And he has failed to deliver said flag with a supposedly better list. Do they have a better list? Maybe with Schneids and Dempster learning their footy up here, who knows? But their much vaunted list has fallen apart in the last few years, lets wait and see what happens this year before Ross starts getting pats on the back

Paul Roos for PM

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by Darren Thomson View Post
    And he has failed to deliver said flag with a supposedly better list. Do they have a better list? Maybe with Schneids and Dempster learning their footy up here, who knows? But their much vaunted list has fallen apart in the last few years, lets wait and see what happens this year before Ross starts getting pats on the back
    I'd say he was doing pretty well. And yes, his list is better than the one that ratbag Thomas put together - he's got two ruckmen.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Suspended by the MRP reigning premier's Avatar
    Is that the truth?? Or did you read it in the Telegraph?
    Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    I'd say he was doing pretty well. And yes, his list is better than the one that ratbag Thomas put together - he's got two ruckmen.
    Ummm just out of sheer, morbid, curiosity, who was it, In your opinion that put these players on the StKilda list??????

• Riewoldt
    • Dal Santo
    • Milne
    • Goddard
    • Fisher
    • Montagna
    • Koschitzke
    • Ball
    • Hayes
    • Clarke

ITs not the sides that perform well from rounds 1-8 you have to look out for, its the teams that start to perform well from about round 17 onwards. They usually are the teams to beat. Although it is nice to get away to a good start.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast