Thread: Big Men and the Future

Big Men and the Future

Like most swan supporters I've spent the last x many years concerned with the lack of size on the Swans list. Somehow we managed to cobble together a premiership backline from some little tackers - we always seem to be (at least) a ruck man short, and could never seem to field that tall third forward to stretch defences.

The future looks good in this regard. In the next few years we could see BIG, mobile lads such as White, Pyke and Murphy holding down KP's and Currie & Orreal in the ruck - providing of course they can live up to the hype, and everything doesn't go to hell (White and Orreal to GC - Pyke and Murphy get homesick), the potential on the list for big men seems to be as good as I can remember.

Grundy looks to be making moves to solidifying the 3rd forward role. Hopefully he will continue to progress.
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

Drummoyne..INNER WEST BABY!! (Bay 29 SCG)
    I reckon this year we need to get our hands on Key backman. Whether it is a mature aged one from the VFL or draft, this is one spot where i think we lack any development.

Grundy and White are forwards IMO.

Murphy while probably be groomed for a Key back, i think long term i see him as an athletic CHF or even in the midfield. The guy is very offensive minded.
    Official Driver Of The "Who Gives A @@@@ As The Player Will Get Delisted Anyway" Bandwagon.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffers1984 View Post
    I reckon this year we need to get our hands on Key backman. Whether it is a mature aged one from the VFL or draft, this is one spot where i think we lack any development.

Grundy and White are forwards IMO.

Murphy while probably be groomed for a Key back, i think long term i see him as an athletic CHF or even in the midfield. The guy is very offensive minded.
    Setana Oh?ilpin from the Crims is an option with lots of pluses:

1.clearly not wanted at Pentridge Park
    2. is mobile tall and aggressive.
    3 kicks accurately in regard to the Cloke family ( added bonus).
    4 we could swing Big Beamish's anger management psych on to the job.
    5 could also interpret for young Murphy.
    6 parentage is Fijian so maybe a haka before the game would pull the Disney On Ice mob back to the games.
    7 (this is the clincher) - he is a Rebel from Cork.
    Bevo bandwagon driver