Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: West Coast Gameday thread

Ohhh lucky.

What a Jekyll and Hyde performance. When we got on top it was because wwe were playing fast play on footy with pin point disposal. Then we just starting screwing up and clangers by the usual suspects cost us dearly. Then we started pinpointing passes again and we broke out to a good lead before several shocking clangers (Shaw / Buchanan / LRT) put Wet Toast back into it.

It just goes to show how important clean and accurate disposal is in todays basketball - back and forward footy. A mistake on the Half back line can very easily lead to a goal within 20 seconds later.

Goodes, McVeign Bolton, Hall (at times), MOL all good. The younger guys seem subdued and they will need to lift in the second half if we are to get the 4 points. Eception was Jack, who has done some good things.
    He had observed that people who did lie were, on the whole, more resourceful and ambitious and successful than people who did not lie.

We have some great players, but we are carrying LRT, Moore, Buchanan, Grundy, Abblett and White.
    This is terrible, really terrible
    Last edited by IrishSwanPerth; 16th May 2009 at 09:34 PM.

We should be much further in front but we've let the Eagles back in the game thanks to some poor disposals and bad turnovers.
    I only support one team: The SYDNEY SWANS!!!!!

Same old embarrassments and disappointments....just like the Richmond game....

Just had my firsy full blooded scream at the tele for the year.

We have been playing some beautiful football but those stuff ups by Grundy and poor old LRT looked dreadful. I know there are extenuating circumstances but the primeaval beast comes out and I just have to yell...they are both as stiff as planks.

B1 is playing well. Kirk is subduing Priddis. Bird has done some beautiful things but he will never win an award as he is too subtle.

B2 is doing a good job and Bevan is playing better than last week. O'Loughlin going well and Goodsey has had some fantastic patches..but that is what it is ...patchy.

We should be miles in front but we are not. Frustrating. Once Meredith let Moore get the mark in the forward 50 as he was moore senior but Meredith should have marked it as he is a much better kick. Those two Moore points were indicative of wasted opportunities.

FIGJAM must be feeling OK.
    "The Dog days are over, The Dog days are gone" Florence and the Machine

I'm a big fan of Heath Grundy. But he's having an absolute shocker.

And not to bang on about Ablett - but christ he's been useless. What did he have in the pre-season, that flu thing? Losing 7 kilo's and during the pre-season is not great conditioning. Especially since he's slow and not that athletic in the first place. And then he had a quad injury or something? Hasn't played any reserves games, and he's still picked. But that's okay, cause he's performing well despite his fitness - His three handballs have been excellent.

Twice I have yelled out "Get a Bag!!!!!!!!" Once to Buchanan and once to Grundy and my old favourite made an appearance too for Grundy..."Two hands for beginners"

"Chewy on ya boot" worked twice against the Eagles too.

Grundy would be in the bottom 20 worst players in the AFL, he is a shocker. He was the worst player on the field against the dockers.

Ablett finally does something and GOALS!!!
    I only support one team: The SYDNEY SWANS!!!!!

I feel too sick to watch the second half..The nerves are getting to me plus I ate a whole packet of Licorice bullets.

Can you please stop exaggerating all the time ISP?

Great kick from NOG!

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast