Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Barry Hall contract extension

Fandom of Fabulousness Lucky Knickers's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I love BBBBH but before we start locking up the cash on 33 yo I would like to see him do those things he did on Sat night consistently.
    He is absolutely a better player when he chases and gets involved, as I've read the coaches have told him. That's the Baz we had in 05/06 and the Baz he can be again. It also helps that MOL is in the team. Opposition aren't prepared to leave Mick to double/triple Baz if Magic is lurking somewhere.

Veterans List
    Interesting to see a lot of Swans players prepared to go in and confront Baz when it looked like it might get ugly a few times - not sure if that would have happened in the past (pretty certain I wouldn't do it!). Just as interesting was the team's obvious sheer delight when his forward pressure lead to the goal for Moore.

Senior Player
    No other player has had my family cheering on Tackles and Bumps etc.

When he tackled through the centre and slung the guy (legit mind you) oh the memories.

great times!

Put the ball out in front of the big fella so he can run onto it, and hit him on the tit all day long as see the results...

Interesting he played and marked well under lights, though there wasn't any eye's up marks I can remember. Good signs none the less.

Veterans List
    This is a team game and too many people and the media focus only on Barry Hall. As far as I am concerned the delivery into the forward most of last year and this year in parts has been bloody awful. A forward is only as good as the delivery from upfield to a large extent.

Against Geelong they refused to kick it to him and MOL one on one when they made leads. The team has to have better vision when going forward and if they are displined in getting it in quick, then these 2 blokes are darn hard to beat. Unfortunately next week we might go back to the rubbish delivery or lack of delivery.

On the Rookie List Darren Thomson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    This is a team game and too many people and the media focus only on Barry Hall. As far as I am concerned the delivery into the forward most of last year and this year in parts has been bloody awful. A forward is only as good as the delivery from upfield to a large extent.

Against Geelong they refused to kick it to him and MOL one on one when they made leads. The team has to have better vision when going forward and if they are displined in getting it in quick, then these 2 blokes are darn hard to beat. Unfortunately next week we might go back to the rubbish delivery or lack of delivery.
    Couldn't agree more, the difference between winning and losing is control of the midfield and how your forwards are getting the ball, Hally and Mick both get crap delivery soometimes, how I wish we still had soomeone of the calibre of Willo running thru the middle. I think this is where moving ROK into the nid will help us. He delivers, and is not as slow as Moore, Mcveigh & co.

Paul Roos for PM

Give him two years.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12