Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: This week's whipping boy

Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    Well I have been throwing darts at Reg for weeks, actually years, and my opinion hasn't changed. There is a bona fide organisation called the Aarrgghh Reg!! Club, consisting of most of the rows in front of me and behind me. He can't run. Like Scotty Stevens really so I am hoping that one day he improves.
    Reg has been a hell of a lot better over the last 10 months. It started happening half way through last year, that his intensity improved, he gained an extra gear, and he started playing smart, smart football. Against the Eagles, he looked like the Reg of old (I even made that comment to one of the people I was with). But that's just one game. He looked out of it, was constantly trailing behind his opponent when in defence, and was slow to get to the ball (though I thought he looked a fair bit more comfortable when in the forward half), that's all true, but it was just a bad game. He's a better player than that, and he's been showing it for a while now.
    Officially on the Reid and Sumner bandwagon!

Warming the Bench
    I thought Monty had a solid go and made a contribution. ROK got a few
    kicks last night but was far from a standout. Jolly, Grundy and Bird could
    also be added to the list.

Quote Originally Posted by tez View Post
    What game were you watching? Jolly was in our top 3-4 players.
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Yep, Monty was poor IMO.

Needs a spell in the twos.

Senior Player
    I'm suprised more hasn't been mentioned of Ablett's game, he was terrible.

How he's considered an automatic selection is beyond me, on current form he is the worst regular senior player in the AFL

Even at his best he's just a plodder

Quote Originally Posted by BSA5 View Post
    Reg has been a hell of a lot better over the last 10 months. It started happening half way through last year, that his intensity improved, he gained an extra gear, and he started playing smart, smart football. Against the Eagles, he looked like the Reg of old (I even made that comment to one of the people I was with). But that's just one game. He looked out of it, was constantly trailing behind his opponent when in defence, and was slow to get to the ball (though I thought he looked a fair bit more comfortable when in the forward half), that's all true, but it was just a bad game. He's a better player than that, and he's been showing it for a while now.
    Agree with all of that.
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Suspended by the MRP reigning premier's Avatar
    Is that the truth?? Or did you read it in the Telegraph?
    This thread is three weeks too late. Monty has been pretty ordinary from the start of the season but has now started running into form. I certainly wouldn't be dropping him now just as he's starting to show a bit. He wasn't on fire on Saturday but did enough to warrant selection again this week.

Meredith was poor, so was White but he's probably just lost the speed of teh game in two weeks off. A week in the 2's probably wouldn't hurt him.

If LRT is out next week, we might actually see Pyke & White playing. Pyke as the alternate ruck, White as the tall down back/up forward.

Grundy

In my opinion, a very inept performance for a bloke of his size and experience (has been on the list for quite a few years now).

I haven't seen his stats yet, but it wouldn't surprise me if his stats for 'fall overs' and 'brushed aside in contest' were greater than his stats for kicks, handballs or marks.

I have been patient with him, but now come to the conclusion that he is just not up to AFL standard.

Unfortunately, we don't have anyone else to bring in for him so he won't be dropped.

I hope I am proved to be wrong over the next few weeks.

I think I should have read a previous thread before creating a new one.

Grundy's performance has already been noted.

But on the positive's, it's great to see Barry Hall making a positive contribution. I really liked his game. His agression at the ball and the man, while within the rules, was the Barry of old.

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by tez View Post
    Eh? Jolly and ROK I had in my best, and Bird was pretty good coming back from injury I felt. I guess we all see things differently!

I know he was needed there on Saturday night after LRT went down, but he should never play in defense, he is always crap when he plays down back, he is very very good when he plays up forward.

Veterans List
    Now I understand we're joking a bit with this thread but I was very disappointed in Moore - two areas where we're really broke down were goals on the counter-attack and the ease with which they took it out of our forwd line - the latter I partly attribute to their being no crumber at the fall of the ball too often. And when he had a couple of set shots he muffed them.

Am I being too harsh? When does Vesper come back?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast