Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: This week's whipping boy

Suspended by the MRP reigning premier's Avatar
    Is that the truth?? Or did you read it in the Telegraph?
    Quote Originally Posted by giant View Post
    Now I understand we're joking a bit with this thread but I was very disappointed in Moore - two areas where we're really broke down were goals on the counter-attack and the ease with which they took it out of our forwd line - the latter I partly attribute to their being no crumber at the fall of the ball too often. And when he had a couple of set shots he muffed them.

Am I being too harsh? When does Vesper come back?
    No. He was @@@@e.

Kicked one, Should of kicked at least 3. Disn't chase and had no "ball sense". i.e. went the opposite way to which the ball went. Tried to take marks when Goodes and Hall were in the contest and he needed to stay down. Is hanging on by a thread IMO.

Obviously Grundy is a **** defender, how long till Roos realises this?

But more importantly, do we have any suitable replacements? With LRT down his place in the defensive half seems even more vital for height alone.
    "In some ways we?re less predictable to ourselves and sometimes that can be detrimental because we don?t really know where we?re going" - P.Roos

That's why he plays up forward. He played down back to fill a hole. Looked OK when up forward. White should have gone back. The ressies know Grundy can't play back....so why didn't Roos???

Gets pushed off the ball far too often for a big man. But - he is only 23. Give him 1 more year.

I think he will come good as the 3rd forward (this has already allowed ROK's move to the midfield...which looks great!) - with a view to pinch hitting as a KP.
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by reigning premier View Post
    No. He was @@@@e.

Kicked one, Should of kicked at least 3. Disn't chase and had no "ball sense". i.e. went the opposite way to which the ball went. Tried to take marks when Goodes and Hall were in the contest and he needed to stay down. Is hanging on by a thread IMO.
    Totally disagree and if you check the stats or watch the replay you will see he contributed well on Sat.Those two shots he missed were from a long way out but I would have thought he'd kick them,then he kicks a long one on the run.Five tackles from a small forward isn't bad either.
    Our forward pressure was really good,Wirrupunda could not move Moore but when Buccy went down against him he was just shoved aside.
    ROK has officially been promoted to the midfield as the full forward line is what Roosy had planned for the season.He was really good against the Weagles.

Buchanan needs a long spell in the magoos. At least 5 weeks.

Only two this week.

Merideth needs a rest in the two's. Been great so far but didn't go at a contest in the last when it was his turn and a goal resulted. Automatic spell in the reserves for that if you are a youngster.

Grundy, can't pick up a ball at ground level and is with other comments really only can play as a forward where he seems much more confident.

The rest of the team get a pass mark for their various contributions during the game.

DST
    "Looking forward to a rebuilt, new, fast and exciting Swans model in 2010"

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Will Sangster View Post
    I'm suprised more hasn't been mentioned of Ablett's game, he was terrible...
    Ditto, he is a liability.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

On the Rookie List Darren Thomson's Avatar
    I think the entire team was carried by the outstanding efforts of a few players on Sat night, an even contribution from 22 would have seen us win by a much larger margin. I'm not sure u can pin the blame on one or two players and the young blokes should play, you learn to play senior footy by playing senior footy

Paul Roos for PM

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234