Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: This week's whipping boy

Blog Entries

This week's whipping boy

Just because we won (and it was a bit of a lucky win) does not mean that all players should escape the RWO wrath.

I thought Buchy was crap last night and has been crap all year. Comments.

Why pick on Buchy..I didn't like Kenny's rendition of the song..he's lost his touch..should be dropped to the ACT
    "The Dog days are over, The Dog days are gone" Florence and the Machine

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by satchmopugdog View Post
    Why pick on Buchy..I didn't like Kenny's rendition of the song..he's lost his touch..should be dropped to the ACT
    The cold would kill him you cruel woman!

Grundy, White?

Senior Player
    Blog Entries
    Grundy looked a bit lost at times and White struggled a little up against what is a very strong Eagles ruck division (Cox + Seaby) but I'd expect both to play next week as they've been pretty good so far this year. It wasn't really a match our younger players particularly shone in (other than Jack)

Buchy - I dunno, he's never really been able to replicate his 2005/06 form and hasn't had a huge impact this year. Eski could come in for him perhaps?

I thought Buchy was one of our better players in the first half. Really dropped off in the second, but his intensity were certainly impressive in the beginning. Unless we've got a young player beating the door down, I'd like to see him stay in the team. He really does have that line-breaking ability that guys like Kirk, Bolton, and even McVeigh lack.
    Officially on the Reid and Sumner bandwagon!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ROK Lobster View Post
    Just because we won (and it was a bit of a lucky win) does not mean that all players should escape the RWO wrath.

Quote Originally Posted by eggbeater View Post
    Grundy, White?
    + Ablett.

Take your pick.

Veteran Site Admin
    Monty stood out as having two of the worst moments of the night.

Firstly the dropped mark right in the middle of the ground. And secondly the goal line spoil of a kick heading right through. He either had to make a decent attempt to shepherd the thing through, or else make sure he marked it.

Meredith will be lucky to be playing in the firsts next week. Similarly Grundy was told by the WC players what his problem is in playing at this level. Hopefully the selectors will underline it by giving him some time to begin running staight at the ball in the reserves. Thonton in for Meredith and the Moose in for White.
    Bevo bandwagon driver

Quote Originally Posted by ROK Lobster View Post

He had two terrible clangers but he does break from packs. Not from outside them like McVeigh. We really do lack quick inside midfielders. He's about the only one we have. Jude and the Dalai Lama are tremendous midfielders but one paced, Bird is many things but not quick, McVeigh under a tight tag always drifts to the outside, Meredith is not ready for firsts football and thats about it. Buchanon stays.
    Bevo bandwagon driver

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by connolly View Post
    Thonton in for Meredith and the Moose in for White.
    If Roos didn't want to expose Pyke to Cox (where at least there would be some time in the game with a Lynch or Seaby rucking) I can't see him sticking him in against the team with two topline ruckmen.

Currie must be a chance - yes he's greener than Pyke at senior level but is currently a far more accomplished player.

Meredith does look as if he could do with a spell - either Smith or Laidlaw could be a chance.

Despite what looks to have been a solid performance in the twos this afternoon, I hope they leave Malceski there for a bit. Whatever ails him this season is unlikely to be solved in a week. I want the "real" Eski back - when he is fit and ready.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Monty stood out as having two of the worst moments of the night.

Firstly the dropped mark right in the middle of the ground. And secondly the goal line spoil of a kick heading right through. He either had to make a decent attempt to shepherd the thing through, or else make sure he marked it.
    Didn't he also hand ball straight to an Eagle player?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast